Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tearing up the 440...no problems...turn it off and go to take back off and no spark....wiggle all the wires, kill switch/tether, and nothing....what the heck could have happened?

does anyone have what ohm readings i need for the coil and what wires do u test? anything i can test on the cdi? or stator wires?

any tricks? can u just unplug the teather killswitch or any bypass options..........thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok..this happened yesterday....i just went out, had the plugs partially loosened, did a light pull with no primer to see if the guage was lighting up.........and it started!

what the hell....this is worse than having a bad part...cause now i dont know what to test for?

it lost spark after the sled was run for about 15 minutes...if that helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
possibly stator on its way out i had a 700 doing the same thing would come back and go again start with unhooking kill switch then if you know anyone with almost the same sled swap your mpem see if it works on either then you can do a open line ohm test with your dess/tether with a volt meter to make sure its making a full circut. then swap coil pack with another sled make sure its not there thats the only way you can test coils on those sleds is what ive been told and seen. then test your stator its supposed to be like 180 to like 290 ohms on one plug and the other 5 to 8 volts. this is what i went through with testing mine my stator actually tested out good when i tested still could be bad though sorry for the scammble in lines lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I figured it had to be something that was affected by heat. I have the mpem Cdi in this sled? What wires do u test the resistance on the stator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts