Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a used clutch for my '02 800 mxz. I had one guy tell me that they are all the same, and any clutch off a 600, 700, or 800 from around those years should work. When I look at the microfiche, it shows one sliding flange for the 500s, 600s, and 700s, and a different sliding flange for the 800. What's the difference in these parts, and which years/models would have a primary clutch that's the same as on my sled?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, there are two part #'s for the fixed side of the flange/sheave. They are all the same except for one is drilled and tapped for the starter ring gear, and the other isn't, it just has the bosses and isn't drilled/tapped. The 800 also has heavier pins and different ramps, springs, etc. If you find one from another model, just change the internals for the ones that came out of your's.
That's all I've ever done, no problems here.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Not sure what the difference is, but any zx chassis clutch will work for you. The 97,98,99 s-chassis 670 clutches will work and so do some of the CK3 clutches (not sure which ones though). If you buy a complete clutch off a used sled that is a different motor size, it will just be calibrated differently.

Jay

·
Registered
264 Posts
500, 600 and 700 is cast, 800 is forged.

//Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts