Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this 02 mxz 800 as a project sled, after a lot of work and parts I've got it back up and running. When it's Idoling it seems to vibrate/shake a bit, im not sure if this is normal as I've only ever really worked on triples. When I had my 10 & 13 BCX's I remember that there was an indexing that needed to be done when reinstalling the clutch back on the crank. Is this the same thing? I know my crank run out is good as I've bench checked it in my V blocks and with the motor assembled, it was .0001"

·
Registered
622 Posts
The only indexing on the primary clutch is if you completely disassemble it. The govener cup and sheaves have marks that need to be lined up when assembled. It does not have any marks to line it up on the crank.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I knew about the physical marks on the clutch itself just was unsure about the crank itself. Is some vibration/shaking normal for a twin?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd say some shaking is normal for those twins, and it's usually most noticeable at idle. Once revved up, does it smooth out? Couldn't hurt to get a look at your motor mounts - just found a broken one the other day on a ZX chassis 600.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya it smooths right out no problems after I rev it up.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool that's what I'll do when I can actually get it out and ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts