Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal I bought a 800 MXZ with a blown motor from my buddy, bought a new motor put it in and it runs strong, but when I ride it for a couple miles then stop my temp light will come on if I take back off the lite will go off after a second. The coolant level stays the same never drops or raises, I did everything I could to make sure the system was free of air, I even took the thermostat out and ran it and it did the same thing. So I figured I had a flow issue weather some [email protected]#$ got in the cooling system when the motor grenaded,bad water pump, or a kinked hose. There were no problems there I blew out the whole system and nothing everything seemed fine. I have a hand held gun that tells me temps when the light comes on the head temp is 193 deg. I"m assuming that's to hot I don't know were these motors run at but my buddies 800 gade was just over 140 deg. So here I am scratchin my head hoping someone can help me out any info is greatly appreciated thanks

·
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle.
2,124 Posts
Have you checked the temp of your heat exchangers? That will tell you if your coolant is flowing or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts