Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if my son will benifit putting 10 tooth ft drivers instead of 9 tooth in his 02 mxz 800 x zx chassis and how if so will he benifit!
appreciate any input on this!

·
Registered
521 Posts
why would you want 10 tooth? you might see a little less rolling resistance, but i would think there would be clearance issues and your gearing would be off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crash said:
why would you want 10 tooth? you might see a little less rolling resistance, but i would think there would be clearance issues and your gearing would be off.
[snapback]705813[/snapback]​
my 04 x has 10 tooth drivers and 23/43 gears and rips top end and out of the hole we are trying to simulate that ratio! there is plenty of room for a 10 tooth driver so i'm pretty sure clearance won't be an issue! his sled just seems to reach a certain speed/rpm 7800/8000 and won't go any faster 100mph if that! just trying to determin should we play with gears, clutch, tried gears a little but really didn't change much, i drove his and it has no where near the pull or take off mine has! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts