Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I need to figure out how to clean the jets in the carbs. I am having Idling problems that I never had before.

When cold I need to keep my finger on the throtle, So I then turned the idle up. When it was hot it wouldnt Idle down. So I re-adjusted it. But then after riding it again (still hot) It takes forever to Idle back down. *%@????????? Never did this before..It does have DPM. I took the MBRP can off it, and since I have taken it off it has been acting like this.. That cant be the reason, or could it.

I called the dealer where I got it. They said it sounds like the (Idle jet) Is that what its called? Might be clogged. But he couldnt tell for sure without looking at it.
I looked at the Doo microfiche but I still cant figure out where the "idle jet" is.

I had the carbs cleaned and check when I was in Old Forge in December.
I used to fly RC airplanes and when a 2 stroke engine wouldnt run right it always seem to be sucking air from somewhere.
The sled runs fine other then the Idling thing.
Can anyone help???

Vince

·
Registered
31 Posts
refer to my post on my 00 mxz 700 wont run after 3 minutes from just a few days ago. I pulled my carbs and took the float bowl off and sprayed carb cleaner in the fuel inlet while manually pushing the slider up and down that lets the fuel in and it did wonders. it looks like it just works on gravity, but I'm no expert on carbs. Anyway I think if it sticks, in your case a little smack to the carb might make it fall, and idle down. I'd pull them and clean everything really good and put it back together and see if it helps. Its not hard, and doesnt take long at all, and you'll know a little more about it when youre done.

·
Auto Tech
1,095 Posts
If its an 02 then they had a recall on the carbs. My dads renegade had the same problem. All you need to to is find the fuel/air screw, turn it all the way in and then back it off 1 1/4 turns, you should be all set then. Later.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mxzx5 said:
If its an 02 then they had a recall on the carbs. My dads renegade had the same problem. All you need to to is find the fuel/air screw, turn it all the way in and then back it off 1 1/4 turns, you should be all set then. Later.
[snapback]277529[/snapback]​
I had the recall done before I ever took it for the first ride in 01.

·
Auto Tech
1,095 Posts
All you need to to is find the fuel/air screw, turn it all the way in and then back it off 1 1/4 turns, you should be all set then. I'm telling you this will work, even if the recall was done some of the dealers only changed the main jet and pilot jet. Because my dads had the recall done and it still idled high, so we took the carbs off and saw that the air/fuel screw was all the way in which will make it idle high all the time. SO make sure the screw is all the way in and then back it off 1 1/4 turns. Later.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mxzx5 said:
All you need to to is find the fuel/air screw, turn it all the way in and then back it off 1 1/4 turns, you should be all set then. I'm telling you this will work, even if the recall was done some of the dealers only changed the main jet and pilot jet. Because my dads had the recall done and it still idled high, so we took the carbs off and saw that the air/fuel screw was all the way in which will make it idle high all the time. SO make sure the screw is all the way in and then back it off 1 1/4 turns. Later.
[snapback]277914[/snapback]​
Where is the fuel/air screw??? Could you tell me what number on the microfiche?
Here is the link..
Microfiche

Select 2002 Renegade 700

·
Auto Tech
1,095 Posts
ok its number 65. You want to turn it all the way in if its not already and take it out 1- 1 1/2 turns out. Take it until your sled idles around 1500 rpm and you should then be set. And if you played with the regular idle screw on the top of the carbs you might need to adjust that again to have it idle properly. If you get confused or need some more help pm me and I will explain it as good as I can. Later.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok... I figured it out... Pulled the pilot jets and the mains, cleaned them with carb cleaner. Udjusted the fuel screw to 1 1/4 out. Started it.. let it warm up, adjusted the Idle and BINGO... Its' running PURRRRRRFECT...

Thanks for the replys..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.