Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a littel problem with my 01. If I'm sitting at idle, and take off, the sled will jump right to 8,400 rpm for a 100 hundred yards or so. Then the rpm's drop back to 7,000 and stay right there. Then if I back off the gas for approx. 30 seconds or more, and pin it again, it goes right to 8,400 then right back to 7,000. Clickers are on 4 right now, 17-19 lbs. on secondary. It seems like the sled is starving for fuel on top??, but the plugs show nice and brown. Thanks for the help. Can someone pm where to find the race manual in pdf. form??

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
haha sounds like EXACTLY the problem i have and i mean EXACTLY. I was told by many its the clutch springs that are sagged out and i beleive it. But i found sometihng that made a little diffrence and helped me, Might be more masking the problem then fixing it but i turned my Raves all the way in(I wasent aware i had turned them out) And it gave the top end alot more. Still not 8400 like it should but its a little better. But i would make sure your clutchings all right first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean the springs in the primary are worn? Wouldn't that cause the clutch to spin up in higher in rpm's?? If ya don't mind, how far out or in are the raves supposed to be at? It acted to me as if the floatbowls were emptying and not filling fast enough. The sled pulls hard from at standstill until 30-40 mph, then it slowly crawls up there in speed. If I come down a hill, then the rpm's will flash a litte higher, but under any load they will stay at 7,000 until i stop or coast awhile then right to 8,400 then die back until 7,000.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Ya it sounds like mine, I was able to keep my revs staying up by turning the Raves ALL the way in. I was also abel to gain some top end by making the secondary spring tighter. But then i lost big time on the low end. So thats what makes me sure its in the clutching. As far as i know my springs havent been changed so i have a feeling thats it. Where yours ever changed?? Every year or 2nd at least is when you should change them for top performance. Not saying it couldnt be carbs but i was told to get my clutches all serviced and springs changed before i look into fuel issues.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Your problem is in the secondary. You should disassemble and check for flat rollers or worn buttons (depends on your clutch). You should also replace the secondary spring. Also make sure the belt is not worn beyond service (do this first).

FYI, the raves should be turned all the way in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a similar issue, I think my rollers are worn out on my back clutch they seem alittle loose and are def not round. Anyone know of an aftermarket rebuild kit? I went to the doo dealer and I think they were on crack, $64.47 a piece, its a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Ya goodwin has the cheapest rollers. Dont rember the price but it was Alot cheaper than Doo but still very expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts