Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
looking for some "edit for bad language" to buy,not quite sure what tho..sled has like 7kmi on it...figured i would completely rebuild the engine,toss in a new pipe,can,vforce or boyesen reeds,track,studs,...i just want it to be "snappy" and quick..i mean its quick now but wheelies couldnt hurt
...also would it hurt if i get a custom pipe and can then just switch them out when ever i go up north? or would it screw up the whole thing?

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
clutch kit would be on my list before a can, that will get the power to ground with the new track and studs. I wouldn't even waste the money on a can, a pipe yes but not a can. you wouldnt have to switch either then when running the stock can.

the rest of the stuff will def be improvements also. do the maintenance first along with slides and a shock rebuild to get it all done if you plan to keep it for a while again.

steve

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
a couple good places to get your x shocks rebuilt are Maize Kustoms and Monster performance, both are great and are both sponsors of the site. they will hook you up with whatever you need.

good clutch kits include, Dynamo Joe kits, cudney kits, and some others that escape me now. sorry everyone else!

check out the sponsors link at the top of the page, they are great to deal with.

steve

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
The hot helix back in the 99/02 mxz 600 day was the 44 degree black ice. Don't know if I have any left or not. V-Force 3 reeds do help on the old style 600. Hmm I know some one that had an SLP single pipe, Y pipe and muffler in super shape, not even rusted. Ask Big John, the SLP single was the hot single pipe in the old days.

At 7000 miles, a hone job (they have steel sleeves in the old 600 twin/500ss engine) and new pistons would probably be a good idea.

Those engines also really respond to a good port job, they are very conservatively ported from the factory.

Gearing and deeper lug track will go a long ways to helping it pick the front end up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts