Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just bought my 2001 mxz 800 and it has been in the shop more than in the snow!!! Seems like every time it gets warm it starts to bog out and almost run on 1 cylinder. Had the carbs cleaned, new plugs. The sled has a goodwin clutch kit in it primary set on #4 pos. Seems to BOG at 5500 rpm then after 5500 it will start to hit again. After a while of bogging sled will not go over 7k rpm. Seems like too much fuel or something. Im in Southern Wi but it seems to do this in every temperature. Checked jetting it is stock. Checked compression it is 130 so rings are fine. I put new reeds in it b/c of a tear in one. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! I was told to check the coils in it...other times it seems like 1 hand warmer gets hot and one stays warm i feel as if it is an electrical problem. The sled has only 1300 miles on it. Im lost dealer said carbs are clean....I am lost I have checked everything everyone has told me too and i have had no luck whatsoever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pump?
There is a shut off valve built in. Disconnect the fuel pump hoses that go to the carbs(at the pump). If fuel leaks from the pump replace the pump.
There is also a pulse line from the crankcase to the pump, make sure the hose is not cracked or crusty.
I had a similar problem. couldn't figure it out. Had fuel, spark, clean carbs etc.
It turned out my fuel pump SOV failed letting fuel drain from my tank. I took off my exhaust and had about a cup of gas in it. It also resulted in a very bogy condition when warm.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
Ckeck RAVE valves maybe sticking also reeds and reed blocks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same sled, with almost 9,500 kms on it. The only problem i have had is I had to replace the reed valves. My buddy (mechanic) told me that the 2001 800's are known for reed valve problems. They have a "rubber-ish" coating on them, that delaminates. Other then that, the sled has been, and continues to be AWESOME!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts