Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay were to begin. My sled won't start on its own after rebuild. I suspected bad gas so I changed that out....weird thing is when I put cap of gas down each cylinder it starts but seems to want to go wot. I end up using kill switch to make it stop. It wont start without putting gas down cylinder. I plan to do leak down test tomorrow as carb seems to be okay. Does anyone have any insight to this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carb boots are good.....swapped out stock for rage cage last year....I'll post tomorrows results.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
the only thing i can think of is make sure the needles are going back in the main jet holes when putting the slides back in the carbs. It sounds like it is wide open when you are starting it.Make sure the slides are in right and all the way down in the carbs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay still lost.....passed leak down tes. Is there anything with timing i may have overlooked? Im not understanding this.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Okay still lost.....passed leak down tes. Is there anything with timing i may have overlooked? Im not understanding this.
ok. Passing a leak down test is a good start..Look into the carbs and make sure one of the slides inside isn't stuck and is at the bottom.And check the idle screw.Or the air screws are way off. Take the carbs off and redo everything and set to factory specs. If it starts with gas down the plug holes its not a timing issue. Its a carb/fuel issue..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay so when I first did leak down I did get a leak from fuel pump.....like a hairline crack. I know I forgot to plug impulse line which when I do it passes leakdown. My question is would a hairline crack in fuel pump be a factor? I would assume if I forgot to pinch hose it would have just bubbled through fuel tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts