Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mini for the first time and it squeals a bit on engagement, is this normal?
Also if I hold it up and run the thing and let off the gas it seems to stop fast is this normal? (is the track too tight?)
What kind of oil do they take? What spark plug?
are they always a bit boggy when cold when you pin it WOT?

OK I just gotta get used to the thing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
MXZonly said:
Just got mini for the first time and it squeals a bit on engagement, is this normal?
Also if I hold it up and run the thing and let off the gas it seems to stop fast is this normal? (is the track too tight?)
What kind of oil do they take? What spark plug?
are they always a bit boggy when cold when you pin it WOT?

OK I just gotta get used to the thing.
[snapback]305531[/snapback]​
More than likely the track to tight, loosen it up and spray silcone on it. You should take clutch apart and clean it ( noise maybe clutch dust). Use a light weight oil for easy starting(5w 30).

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey my name is Chris i am a techniton at a local Ski-Doo dealership here in NY the clutch noise os totally normal skidoo says if is the clutch shoes engaging, check the track tension and alignment plus it will stop faster in the air sinc no momention on the sled as for the bog as for all motors in production no matter what brand iut has to be totally warmed up running for at least 15 min to have good throttle responce

·
Registered
5 Posts
we have had a mini in with the track crack on each side after 1 ride.child is 8 ,65 pounds & bomb says there is no room for argument . someone to big was riding
it.my question is if the track was that tight how would it even move if someone to big was riding it ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts