Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK, I own an '02 MXZ-X 800 & an '95 Mach 1. Lately my wife is wanting to ride more, no problem, that's why I held on to the Mach 1, BUT, she prefers to drive the MXZ & I get stuck with the Mach 1. So here's my question for you guys, not wanting to spend to much, I see a local dealer has an '01 Formula DLX 700 & either a 600 or a 800 '02 Legend with decent mileage & price, yes the DLX 700 is cheaper but what is considered to be the better engine? Of course there both ZX chassis' with E start & reverse, the DLX 700 is mechanical & the Legend's have RER & I would prefer RER but no big deal. I've had good luck with my '02 800 but is the 600 better than the 700 or vice-versa?

Thanks for your replies/input

·
Registered
799 Posts
go with an 02 - sc10III skid is worth it alone! Coming off a 00mxz7 into an 02mxz8 I really appreciate the extra power as well. I know some say that the 7s were faster, and I know of a few that were with mods, but stock I take my buddies 02mx7adrenaline every time, in every condition, not by much but the difference is noticable.

Some say there's problems with the pistons and/or rings on the 800s, but at almost 2000 miles I can't say a bad thing about my sled or motor. At the 4-5000 mile point its my personal opinion that top ends get tired on most sleds as well as other parts, especially after a few years of use and a few summers of sitting around.

if its between the 600 or the 800 for you I wouldn't think twice about getting the 8. 7 or 8 honestly its not a big difference, but there is a difference.

In terms of reliability you don't hear of as many 600s having problems, but you don't hear of that many 800s giving too many problems either but its got 30 more ponies or more...

RER will help with resale.

·
Registered
831 Posts
'02 600 - Better rear suspension and best motor.. My $0.02

If the '01 is the GSE with BOSS however, that's worth it too!

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Tough call - I have the GSE and absolutely love it. Would I give up the extra HP to get the SC-10 III... I dunno. The 700 GSE gets points for being loaded with options - including the BOSS, the 600 gets points for being somewhat more reliable and the SC-10 III. I wouldn't want the 800 - not well regarded in my opinion. I think the tie-breaker between the 6 and 7 would be the looks of the 6 - but get the smoked windshield.
P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts