Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant figure it out
carbides good ,adj ski pressure no change. Even on smooth trails . Added 96 studs do I need more carbide ? Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do some searching on this site on darting. Lots of info and opinions.
It appears that the ZX chassis is very prone to darting, especially the 02 with SCIII. Flex skis also dart bad. With enough tinkering, it can be minimized, or so they say. My 02 600 darted so bad at 40mph and up that I felt I was going to get thrown off. Nothing worked until I switched to Precision skis. It hasn't darted at all since. Tracks real nice -- just steers a little harder. I read that the Presicions were built for that very reason. The REVs don't like them, but they work good on the ZXs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 2000 mxz 700 with c&a pro skis on it and it dosent dart at all any whear and it carvs the corners

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
you added studs, what length carbie you running? with 96 studs I would recommend at least 6"s of carbine. As for other ideas - you say you have cranked the skies up to increase ski pressure... sometimes this is the exactly wrong thing to do. Try lighteneing the skis and stiffening the center spring. Next I would loosen the limiter straps a notch. It takes some experimenting to find the happy medium. Dont be afraid of it, just take it a step at a time and keep track of what you changed so you can adjsut backwards if needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zdooman said:
you added studs, what length carbie you running? with 96 studs I would recommend at least 6"s of carbine. As for other ideas - you say you have cranked the skies up to increase ski pressure... sometimes this is the exactly wrong thing to do. Try lighteneing the skis and stiffening the center spring. Next I would loosen the limiter straps a notch. It takes some experimenting to find the happy medium. Dont be afraid of it, just take it a step at a time and keep track of what you changed so you can adjsut backwards if needed.
[snapback]696357[/snapback]​
I started on lowest settings center shock, limiter stap ect . To dail the suspension in.Its different skis or longer carbides or bigger wallet.Thanks again for everybodies insight.It takes so much guess work out my sled
thanks

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
First MXZ said:
zdooman said:
[snapback]696357[/snapback]​
I started on lowest settings center shock, limiter stap ect . To dail the suspension in.Its different skis or longer carbides or bigger wallet.Thanks again for everybodies insight.It takes so much guess work out my sled
thanks
[snapback]696474[/snapback]​
When you have a ski tracking issue its that there is too much wieght on the skis. To remove wieght from the skis you:

dial the front spring preload down (lower ramp settings, looser springs, etc.)
Dial the front of the track up:
raise front track spring preload (higher setting, tighter springs)
Lengthen limiter straps (lets front spring push down father)
Loosen the ACM (if equiped)
lighten the rear spring preload.

Honestly - there is allot of room there without spending big money.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Have you check your ski alingment?
Another thing are you sure its darting or washing out in the back . At higher speeds darting decreases from the power going to the track lifting the front.
Like the others said you might be to stiff in the back to let the wt transfer from the front to the back.
I had a 00 mxz and once i got it dialed in , it didnt dart a bit .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts