Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
roommate's sled, so i'll tell you what i know about it. 4500 miles, stock except for dynoport can. he just bought new plugs for it, i checked them and they weren't gapped right and they were br9es's and not the eCs's that are reccommended. I put ecs's in it, gapped at .018, cleaned his exhaust valves and here are the symptoms.

the other day he was riding with me and we stopped to chat for a second, his sled stalled, took a few pulls and a little throttle to get it started again, ran fine, but idle was way down and plugs looked dark. yesterday i went through it as i stated, changed those things, we tried starting it, took quite a few pulls, when we got it running i was giving it a little gas with the choke on, it would run ok and engage the clutch, flipped the choke off and it didnt want to rev, rpms would drop and it would die, a couple times backfiring. pulled plugs, very wet. I am going to pull it apart tonight, just wondering if anyone else had similar problems, he's not too up on maintenance with it, so im guessing that the carbs are dirty or possibly a broken reed? any other things to check would be appreciated.

thanks

mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
00mxz said:
LOOKS LIKE YOU OWN A CAT YOU SHOULD BE AN EXPERT AND FIXING THAT KIND OF PROBLEM.
........JK I WOULD CLEAN THE CARBS AND GO FROM THERE. CHECK THE CARB BOOTS FOR CRACKS.

[snapback]745358[/snapback]​
lol, good burn. it's yellow, does that make it a little better?

i'm not too familiar with the roundslides which is why i asked, i'm sure they arent too hard to pull apart...

·
Registered
659 Posts
firecatsrt said:
00mxz said:
LOOKS LIKE YOU OWN A CAT YOU SHOULD BE AN EXPERT AND FIXING THAT KIND OF PROBLEM.
........JK I WOULD CLEAN THE CARBS AND GO FROM THERE. CHECK THE CARB BOOTS FOR CRACKS.

[snapback]745358[/snapback]​
lol, good burn. it's yellow, does that make it a little better?

i'm not too familiar with the roundslides which is why i asked, i'm sure they arent too hard to pull apart...
[snapback]745433[/snapback]​
not hard to clean the carbs on this model. if the boots are o.e. they are probably cracked. make sure they are syched also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys, thanks for all the pointers, checked reeds, they were fine, took carbs off, let them sit inside all night, pulled them apart this morning, cleaned them out with carb and choke cleaner throughout. put it all back together and she runs great. let me tell you one thing though, what a pita to get the airbox on and off..... that is tight in there! my roomie is happy, we went out and got about 50 miles in locally, trails were thin, but it was nice to be able to get out on them at least once this year and not trailer to the hill for a ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts