Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have read several topics on the .059 base gasket mod. Want to do this to my 97 Mach I (700). Where is everyone getting the gasket? Ive seen Crankshop has it, anyone else? Ive looked around a little but not having much luck.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hey guys, have read several topics on the .059 base gasket mod. Want to do this to my 97 Mach I (700). Where is everyone getting the gasket? Ive seen Crankshop has it, anyone else? Ive looked around a little but not having much luck.
Thanks
Try Dynoport racing
MCB Racing

·
Registered
898 Posts
I am also looking for a .59 gasket. My motor has the cut head from the crankshop. Just had it tore down to check the crank. I think doo makes a real thick gasket. Not sure of the size. I'll check Monday and see.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I am also looking for a .59 gasket. My motor has the cut head from the crankshop. Just had it tore down to check the crank. I think doo makes a real thick gasket. Not sure of the size. I'll check Monday and see.
doo dose not make a .059 base gasket

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thanks
A Mach Z (780/809) base gasket will not fit your 700, too big I do not think thay make a .059 for 700

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Crankshop sells it for the 700. Its on there site and Ive talked to them about getting my head cut but they wont tell me how much they are cutting of the head or what my squish will be afterwards or anything. Thinking of having someone local cut the head.

http://www.thecrankshopvt.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=219&osCsid=e386fdc9dfa72a7476fa85a89dfc0fe5
they milled around the chambers so they did not change the shape of the dome at all - Just sunk it down into the cylinders and raised the base the same amount thus changing the port timing. t-nink has a photo of this here it is

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
Crankshop sells it for the 700. Its on there site and Ive talked to them about getting my head cut but they wont tell me how much they are cutting of the head or what my squish will be afterwards or anything. Thinking of having someone local cut the head.

http://www.thecrankshopvt.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=219&osCsid=e386fdc9dfa72a7476fa85a89dfc0fe5
If u have it done local make sure they cut it like mine in the pic. U will have to do the math and see how much u need cut. Then tell them how much u want cut

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
I was thinking of doing this for a cheap few H.P. gains but got to thinking that I would probably have to run premimum fuel. At the cost of fuel now days I dont think the minor H.P. would be worth it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks
call cometic...440-354-0777

·
RIDE RED!
3,699 Posts
I was thinking of doing this for a cheap few H.P. gains but got to thinking that I would probably have to run premimum fuel. At the cost of fuel now days I dont think the minor H.P. would be worth it?
As long as you keep the original squish band clearance you dont have to up your octane. Its all in making sure you get accurate squish tests with the new .059 gasket before getting the head cut, to determine exactly how much to have the machine shop mill off the head.

After alot of screwing around, I figured out the previous owner of the 780 I have, had at least .080 cut off the head. There is ZERO squishband on those domes. Just flat, and then opens up to the domes.....somebody didnt know what they were doing with that one!

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Your not running premium fuel already? Its only a difference of 5-6 bucks on a tank from reg to premium.
I like it when people say "its only" especially salesmen. Add all the "onlys" up and you would be shocked at the figures at the end of the year.
Hey, I only got 135 psi, waste of money to burn anything but 87.
Personally I think she runs better......

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts