• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#91 MinnDave

MinnDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2254 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing (trout), beer making, kayaking, hiking, DIY repair projects, river cruising
  • Sled:2015 Renegade 900 ACE

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

Over opinionated bigots like you are the reason nobody wants to post on forums anymore. Who should be embarrassed? Grow up.

LOL. I can understand why you are insecure about posting.

It's called OMIF syndrome. Open mouth insert foot.

Edited by MinnDave, 16 January 2015 - 11:33 PM.

#92 snow dance

snow dance

True happiness is never trying a sled better than your own.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14562 posts
  • Interests:I have no interest.Take a hint.Really,quit creeping my profile.It's all lies anyway.
  • Sled:GT Snowracer with sweet graphics

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

Well I read this whole thing from the beginning.You must all know by now I'm against cans due to the noise levels.Everybody wants the quiet,light weight can that doesn't exist.I applaud the effort being made but can't help but believe that if BRP and all the aftermarket companies making exhausts haven't figured it out with all their resources,I doubt you can.With the weight companies are trying to shed from their sleds in the forefront,I'm sure they tried with the suitcase a few times.

Sent from the Locomotive on the Leaf's Bandwagon Train. Go Leafs!

#93 Freestylin'

Freestylin'

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1652 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, snowboarding, motorcycles, cars, trucks, sports...Anything with an engine, definitely.
  • Sled:2006 Ski Doo MXZ 500ss

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

Listen guys, I don't want to be the free speech police, but I don't want to see this thread be locked because of some petty argument that is aside from the actual point. If you feel like bashing each other and discussing the pitfalls of running aftermarket exhausts on your sleds, please take it to PMs and do it that way. I'm willing to bet the same people in this thread commenting on legalities go 5mph over on their way to work. Guess what? You're breaking the law. It's nothing significant and in the end doesn't affect anyone else, but it's still illegal. Same scenario here if you are running an aftermarket can that has been modified to be within a couple dB of stock or even at stock levels.

Yoop and I have a good thing going and I am hoping the result of this will be people WITH cans quieting them down a bit. No matter what, there are going to be people who don't care about the landowners perspective and are going to run something aftermarket regardless. This thread isn't for them because they would see the thread title and skip right over it. This thread is for the performance minded enthusiast with common sense and consideration for others. Don't mess it up for them.

2006 Ski-Doo MXZ 500ss...136" swap, narrowed stock a-arms, pilot 6.9 skis, and a whole lot more...Mod sled build in progress!

1988 Polaris Sprint 340...Custom Taillight Mod, Antique plates and still kickin'!

#94 Carolla

Carolla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4408 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:52 AM

Listen guys, I don't want to be the free speech police, but I don't want to see this thread be locked because of some petty argument that is aside from the actual point. If you feel like bashing each other and discussing the pitfalls of running aftermarket exhausts on your sleds, please take it to PMs and do it that way. I'm willing to bet the same people in this thread commenting on legalities go 5mph over on their way to work. Guess what? You're breaking the law. It's nothing significant and in the end doesn't affect anyone else, but it's still illegal. Same scenario here if you are running an aftermarket can that has been modified to be within a couple dB of stock or even at stock levels.

Yoop and I have a good thing going and I am hoping the result of this will be people WITH cans quieting them down a bit. No matter what, there are going to be people who don't care about the landowners perspective and are going to run something aftermarket regardless. This thread isn't for them because they would see the thread title and skip right over it. This thread is for the performance minded enthusiast with common sense and consideration for others. Don't mess it up for them.

If you did less talking/typing and more experimenting and posting the results, poeple wouldn't be bugging you on here so much!  As someone else said, If Doo could make their cans as quiet as they are but lighter, don't you think they would?   Lots of smart people before you have tried. Not say ing you may not be able to figure it out but why not just go do it and let us know when you're successful?  Oh, and "Just 2 Db more than stock"  ISN'T a quieter lighter can !  There's lots of them out there. :dry_old:   Everyone running a can says its only a couple Db louder than stock. ya right, we HEAR ya.

Edited by Carolla, 17 January 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#95 MinnDave

MinnDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2254 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing (trout), beer making, kayaking, hiking, DIY repair projects, river cruising
  • Sled:2015 Renegade 900 ACE

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

Freestylin,

Would the "insert" that you mentioned be removable/adjustable?

Do most canners in the back country use a fuel caddy?

Do they remove it and keep it somewhere for later when they need it?

#96 Warx

Warx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, powersports
  • Sled:2003 MXZ Rev 800 HO the bumble bee

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Minndick cant keep his mouth shut
Just move on leave this thread buddy.
You have stated your point more than enough so why keep repeating yourself you must like to hear yourself MOVE ON

#97 YooperWoods

YooperWoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:dirt and snow
  • Sled:04 MXZ-X 600 HO 151", 91 Phazer 144"

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

Just to state my position on cans I am totally against them for trail sleds or anyone that runs near residential areas.  I agree that noise hurts the sport and I am totally on board with you there.  If I was going to trail ride my sled or ride anywhere near civilization I would find a stock suit case.  I don't own a sled that can ride the trails though, and I ride so far back in the boonies that there is no one within 15 - 20 miles in any direction.  If you drew a square from Lanse to Big Bay, down to Marquette, over to Michigamme and back up to Lanse I am just north of middle in that square.  It truly is the middle of nowhere.  There's not a plowed road within hundreds of square miles.  The only people that can get to where I ride is other sledders.  I don't need to quiet my sled down, I just wanted to take part in this experiment since I had the resources to do so and maybe offer up some solutions for those who are going to run a can no matter what. 

Sound is about the only way we can find each other if we get separated and that happens often.  Even a loud sled is hard to hear where I ride, the terrain is very rugged and hilly, not little hills either more like small mountains. Once someone disappears into the hills they can be very hard to find.  This is big country and you're going to be in serious trouble if you get lost.  There's no cell service and you aren't walking out. 

As far as landowners I am one.  I have 20 acres at my camp and trail 5 to Big Bay is within a mile from there.  If the DNR needed to reroute and use my land I would give them permission no problem. 

Maybe a kind moderator could delete all the bickering in this thread.  There is something to be learned here whether this works or not. 

Edited by YooperWoods, 17 January 2015 - 09:42 AM.

phazerskidoo_zpsde8b2a7a.jpg

#98 Gordo427

Gordo427

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Sled:Mxz800 mxz600 ho mzx600 Sdi 850 renagade

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

Anyone who can figure out how to make a can quieter is a great idea eventually when our older sleds need replacement pipes because there rusted out or broken and skidoo doesn't have them we will have to get them some where

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users