Gun Owners? Target shooters? Hunters? - Page 3 - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Gun Owners? Target shooters? Hunters?

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#31 doomasterkp

doomasterkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, mechanics, video capture and editing, boating, hunting and fishing, sports and flying
  • Sled:2015 Magenta Freeride 146" w/ jaws can

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

I had a bunch of guns but they tuck them all away to keep me from sticking one in my mouth after the accident , I get to shot my 22 target gun from when I was on the rifle team in high school sometimes now tho, and my partner from work killed him self in May with his desard eagle 50 cal .

Sorry to hear about the tbi and your buddy. Losing someone's always hard man. Hang in there bud. Me and the rest of DooTalk's here for ya! :biggrin_old:

#32 doomasterkp

doomasterkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, mechanics, video capture and editing, boating, hunting and fishing, sports and flying

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

Nice BMG Otokiak

Sorry Doomaster for the crap rules you guys have.  Here in Chicago, we had a major uphill battle for carry for the longest time.  It took a federal judge to give us the OK for carry.  

It's fine, I guess it keeps us safe in a way. But can really be more of a pain most of the time. Glad to hear you guys aren't loosing your 2nd amendment laws!

Edited by doomasterkp, 14 November 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#33 1Evil55

1Evil55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1950 posts
  • Sled:2007 Blizzard

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

It's fine, I guess it keeps us safe in a way. But can really be more of a pain most of the time. Glad to hear you guys aren't loosing your 2nd amendment laws!

Keeping you safe would equal having it on your hip. :cool_old:

#34 doomasterkp

doomasterkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

Keeping you safe would equal having it on your hip. :cool_old:

I agree with that too! That's what I mean by "in a way". It would just scare me to think that some crazy guy might not like my new freeride, walk up behind me and "BANG" before I even knew he was carrying a gun.

But the incident that happened in Ottawa awhile ago could have been prevented by a good citizen with a pistol, as the attacker also had a perfectly legal rifle anyway and managed to kill a great soldier.

Where I live (East coast of Labrador) there is a great danger of being attacked. Not so much by our crazy neighbours but by wolves or bears. If I went to check our cabin on a sled, I would have to carry a gun illegally. I can guarantee I'm not heading 30km into wolf territory without my 5 round(10 round in seconds) semi-auto rifle on with me. I'd rather pay a 3000$ fine than get mauled to death...

But ya, you're right, on the hip would be a better place. Who thought that dootalk would be a place to vent about gun laws haha. Rant's over :buddies:  

#35 Racer2fast4u

Racer2fast4u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, hunting, fishing, gaming, skateboarding and playing guitar proffecional slacker
  • Sled:1995 ski doo formula STX

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

Gun owner and hunter from northern ontario

#36 1Evil55

1Evil55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1950 posts
  • Sled:2007 Blizzard

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

I agree with that too! That's what I mean by "in a way". It would just scare me to think that some crazy guy might not like my new freeride, walk up behind me and "BANG" before I even knew he was carrying a gun.

But the incident that happened in Ottawa awhile ago could have been prevented by a good citizen with a pistol, as the attacker also had a perfectly legal rifle anyway and managed to kill a great soldier.

Where I live (East coast of Labrador) there is a great danger of being attacked. Not so much by our crazy neighbours but by wolves or bears. If I went to check our cabin on a sled, I would have to carry a gun illegally. I can guarantee I'm not heading 30km into wolf territory without my 5 round(10 round in seconds) semi-auto rifle on with me. I'd rather pay a 3000$ fine than get mauled to death...

But ya, you're right, on the hip would be a better place. Who thought that dootalk would be a place to vent about gun laws haha. Rant's over :buddies:  

Wolf territory?  Ha.  Come to Chicago.

#37 doomasterkp

doomasterkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yep we share land with the wild up here! But it's worth it. Winters here are great!

#38 snoballer

snoballer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5662 posts
  • Sled:Toboggan

•    

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

I had a few pistols and dozen rifles but lost 'em all in a boating accident.

#39 SKIDOZER500

SKIDOZER500

On Thin Ice with Steve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32156 posts
  • Sled:2016 tnt 900 ace 09 tnt500ss 05mxz 500ss

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

Nice BMG Otokiak

Sorry Doomaster for the crap rules you guys have.  Here in Chicago, we had a major uphill battle for carry for the longest time.  It took a federal judge to give us the OK for carry.  

Because the bad guys will obey all gun laws.....

Copied and pasted from your last post with the finest internet epoxy using Tapatalk

America,the home of the ENTITLED

#40 319skidoo

319skidoo

Troll Patrol ®

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15529 posts
  • Interests:1. Doing things
    2. Not doing things
    3. Thinking about doing things
    4. Not thinking about doing things
  • Sled:04 MXZ 600ho-RIP

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

With 500+ murders per year, you pretty much NEED to carry lol

4296.gif

Skioutty: Brutus I love the plow set up on the 550 fanner. ((Clickity click for pic)

brutus: Pretty sweet mod, eh? I use that to stay in the lead by clearing the snow off the trail so the liquid coolers behind me overheat.  ;)  :P

#41 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27339 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

With 500+ murders per year, you pretty much NEED to carry lol

Exactly. Toughest gun laws in America, highest murder rate in America.

Go figure...

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

#42 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Sled:09 500ss, 04 600 SDI

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

I just have a Tikka T3 Stainless in 270, a Beretta AL390 Urika 12 and a Beretta S686 Essential 12.

Ive got the same Tikka.  I love it.

#43 319skidoo

319skidoo

Troll Patrol ®

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15529 posts
  • Interests:1. Doing things
    2. Not doing things
    3. Thinking about doing things
    4. Not thinking about doing things
  • Sled:04 MXZ 600ho-RIP

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

Yeah. In 2013 there were 12,253 murders total in the U.S. Out of those, 5782 were from handguns. 285 for rifles, 308 for shotguns,  Here is the funny thing. You know how people complain about rifles killing a lot? Well, according to the FBI, 686 murders were committed by personal weapons, such as feet, hands, head, etc. All this is according to the FBI. The rifle kills and shotgun kills combined don't even add up to the murders committed by feet, hands, head, etc. Funny huh. 

But, the crime rate has been going down since the 90's, so at least we are going in the right direction. 

Chicago has the most murders per year, in 2012 it was 503, but in 2013 it was 412, so that's a positive. For the most murders per capita, in 2012, Flint Michigan held the #1 spot, with Detroit trailing close at #2. 

Oh, and in 2013, there were 416 justifiable homicides by law enforcement. 

Just a little bit of information for you guys. Its interesting, I think. 

And its all according to the FBI and UCR(Uniform Crime Report)

Edited by 319skidoo, 14 November 2014 - 09:37 PM.

4296.gif

Skioutty: Brutus I love the plow set up on the 550 fanner. ((Clickity click for pic)

brutus: Pretty sweet mod, eh? I use that to stay in the lead by clearing the snow off the trail so the liquid coolers behind me overheat.  ;)  :P

#44 ProXRmod

ProXRmod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Sled:2006 mxzx 440/ RKT 827

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

I grew up shooting basically as soon as I was big enough to hold a gun. Then hunting as soon as I was of age. I've shot deer in PA, lots of birds in NJ, Deer in Quebec, Caribou in Quebec, Moose and Dall sheep in Alaska. I have quite a few guns, almost all of the hunting variety. Many of them were handed down through family, some bought new as I was growing up. My father had money and we did the big trips together in my teens and early 20s. Then he and I had a falling out and I haven't hunted since. Just bought a house and looking at a safe since I have about 25 long guns and a few pistols. I don't have any digital photos of my animals in the field because i didn't have a digital camera back then and haven't scanned any. I could take some pics of heads on the wall though. 

#45 D_Squared

D_Squared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Anything that goes vroom and boom
  • Sled:2020 BCX 850 Yellow

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

I own 2 Rem 870 12ga, one lefthanded for clays and eventually birds one right for my buddies to shoot and deer. A Rem 597 .22LR for plinking. The Glock 22 for CCW and my Rem 700LH w/ Nikon 3-9x40 for deer(where I can use it) and tannerite.

Hi, who's this? MY NAME'S BOB FIBBER! Hi Bob, what do you do? I'M IN ARTILLERY! Listen, can we play anything for you? ANYTHING, JUST PLAY IT LOUD, OK?!

5z4Ma5M.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users