Gun Owners? Target shooters? Hunters? - Page 2 - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Gun Owners? Target shooters? Hunters?

• Please log in to reply
657 replies to this topic

#16 319skidoo

319skidoo

Troll Patrol ®

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15529 posts
  • Interests:1. Doing things
    2. Not doing things
    3. Thinking about doing things
    4. Not thinking about doing things
  • Sled:04 MXZ 600ho-RIP

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

I just have a Tikka T3 Stainless in 270, a Beretta AL390 Urika 12 and a Beretta S686 Essential 12.

4296.gif

Skioutty: Brutus I love the plow set up on the 550 fanner. ((Clickity click for pic)

brutus: Pretty sweet mod, eh? I use that to stay in the lead by clearing the snow off the trail so the liquid coolers behind me overheat.  ;)  :P

#17 honda400ex2003

honda400ex2003

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5839 posts
  • Interests:fourwheeling, sledding, fishing, snowboarding, anything outdoors
  • Sled:2015 mxz x-rs 2006 mxz

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

have a few beretta pistols (.22, 9m, .40) for general shooting and concealing, a bunch of rifles as well, just used for hunting though.  nothing too crazy or cool though, would like to get an ar style gun but havent wanted to fork out enough cash to do it yet with everything else i spend money on.

wont be hunting this year any more, mainly a bow hunter until it gets cold and snows.  im a fair weather hunter for sure, dont really need to shoot one except to have some meat.  I have a nice 9 pointer, 7 pointer and a 3 pointer so far with a bow so i have some nice mounts (9 point is neck up, the others just horns)   and dont worry about shooting a big one any more.

steve 

2015 Black XRS 800- Estart, QA, caddy, 1.6" ice cobra, grip & rip braces, Petschke y pipe, rave valve mod, Diamond S can, 2° advanced timing, Reed's clutch kit, 26 tooth top gear, TS skis, Hygear dual rate front springs and torsion spacers

2006 MXZ 800X- SPI head and header, MCB dual rings with extra oil holes, 7 hole base gasket, vforce reeds, 2" challenger, floater secondary, 23/45 gears, Bill Cudney clutch kit, caddy, extended from 121

2009 MXZ 500SS- studs, grip & rip braces, summit seat, 1" riser, TNT shocks, WOT rack with roto-pax tank and LINQ medium doo bag on top, RAS2 front suspension

#18 Davis6412

Davis6412

Cadillac mountain Enduro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • Interests:sorry for the bad spelling I am a TBI survivor and trying my best.
  • Sled:RS700 MXZ800X 900ace Enduro

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

I had a bunch of guns but they tuck them all away to keep me from sticking one in my mouth after the accident , I get to shot my 22 target gun from when I was on the rifle team in high school sometimes now tho, and my partner from work killed him self in May with his desard eagle 50 cal .

#19 319skidoo

319skidoo

Troll Patrol ®

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15529 posts
    2. Not doing things

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Well that's not a bad pistol to use I guess. Never good when someone ends their life like that though. A friends dad committed last winter, family had to go through a lot.

4296.gif

Skioutty: Brutus I love the plow set up on the 550 fanner. ((Clickity click for pic)

brutus: Pretty sweet mod, eh? I use that to stay in the lead by clearing the snow off the trail so the liquid coolers behind me overheat.  ;)  :P

#20 Otokiak

Otokiak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1642 posts
  • Interests:Work, Hunting, rifles, hockey, racing skidoos and wOOmen.
  • Sled:RS 600, 500 triple, 960 triple

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

I hunt, target shoot and wish I could carry.  I have rifles from .22 up to 50bmg.  This is my newest rifle I got today ... she's a 50bmg from PGW.  :D

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

PGW50BMG2014SHORTY_zpsaae3db64.jpg

"Life is grande, even at the worst of times!"

"SKIDOO RULES!"

#21 Davis6412

Davis6412

Cadillac mountain Enduro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3558 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

that's nice drool.gif I want one .

I hunt, target shoot and wish I could carry.  I have rifles from .22 up to 50bmg.  This is my newest rifle I got today ... she's a 50bmg from PGW.  :D

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

PGW50BMG2014SHORTY_zpsaae3db64.jpg

#22 Davis6412

Davis6412

Cadillac mountain Enduro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3558 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

Well that's not a bad pistol to use I guess. Never good when someone ends their life like that though. A friends dad committed last winter, family had to go through a lot.

Ya I miss Him .

#23 taker

taker

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8429 posts
  • Sled:2011 mxz-xrs 800; 2016 renegade 900 ace

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

They don't allow open carry or conceal carry anywhere in Canada?

Think snow & ride ski-doo.
Yea Buddy!!!!!!!!

#24 Otokiak

Otokiak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1642 posts
  • Interests:Work, Hunting, rifles, hockey, racing skidoos and wOOmen.
  • Sled:RS 600, 500 triple, 960 triple

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

No sir there is no such thing as open or concealed carry in Canada.  We cannot possess full auto rifles either.  Must have a PAL before purchasing any type of firearm.  Must have lock ups for all firearms.  More rules than you can shake a stick at sadly. 

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

"Life is grande, even at the worst of times!"

"SKIDOO RULES!"

#25 taker

taker

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8429 posts
  • Sled:2011 mxz-xrs 800; 2016 renegade 900 ace

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

:sad_old:  :sad_old:  :sad_old:  :sad_old:

Think snow & ride ski-doo.
Yea Buddy!!!!!!!!

#26 TrxR

TrxR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Sled:N/A

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Im a target shooter myself. I got an old 40x rimfire that I use for benchrest and am rigging up a musgrave actioned f/tr rifle.

#27 REDDEAD513

REDDEAD513

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Sled:2012 Summit SP 600 Etec 154"

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

Between my father and I, we have probably 15 or so shotguns, a few rifles, and a Ruger M1911 we won at a DU banquet. As for stories, this August we got the opportunity to hunt in Africa, that was a blast. Got a Kudu, Zebra, and a Blue Wildebeest there. Each hunt for the animal was unique in its own crazy way, Kudu like the mountains, so we were up and down mountains, zebras love to run, so I was running after them... It was an awesome change from hunting whitetail in a blind in the middle of the woods.

#28 319skidoo

319skidoo

Troll Patrol ®

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15529 posts
    2. Not doing things

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

I took a vid with my gopro today to see how fast i could rack a cartridge and bring my hand back down for a follow up shot with my tikka t3. On about 75% of them it was about a second or a tad more. I did it about 30 or so times. So i figured out the time for a complete cycle of shots. If my cross hairs were on the target, I would pull the trigger, take about a second to cycle a cartridge and bring my hand back down, then re acquire the target, which would, if the gun didn't kick sideways from a bad trigger pull, about 2-3 seconds. The trick for a quick follow up shot is open your eye and use both eyes to shoot your follow up shot. I asked a marine, and he said it was a good idea if the target is moving. Its easy if you practice it. I do the same with my rangefinder. Its like looking at your finger, you can focus on the tip, or look past it, but still see the tip of your finger, the same applies. Your see the cross hairs slightly when looking at your target, so that if the gun moves, just find it with both your eyes with slightly looking at the cross hairs, and bring them to the target, then close your eye, adjust the cross hairs for an accurate shot, and squeeze on off. Try it out. It works for me, but not for some. After read about it in an article, I had to try it, and it works well. Obviously it would take me longer to reaquire the target if it was moving, but ive found that sometimes the first shot doesn't phase them if they cant see you, if you miss. 

4296.gif

#29 doomasterkp

doomasterkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, mechanics, video capture and editing, boating, hunting and fishing, sports and flying
  • Sled:2015 Magenta Freeride 146" w/ jaws can

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

They don't allow open carry or conceal carry anywhere in Canada?

Can't even have a concealed fire arm in a vehicle. Yes that means sleds too, unless you have an appointment at a range, or you have a valid hunting permit, (in season) with the appropriate fire arm with you. Bad stuff lol. You need a pal (possessions and acquisition licence) for a rifle or other non-restricted fire arms. To "own" a pistol or other restricted fire-arm, you need a special restricted class licence. And if you ever get the urge to conceal carry it's pretty much :smiley-guillotine:  for you... We can't have automatics no matter what kind they are(I Think there's an exception for 22's not sure). A semi auto rifle cannot have a ammo capacity of more than 5 round, and 12 gauges have to have a removable plug that limits you to 3 rounds in the mag unless you're at the range. 

Imma stop now cause it goes on and on. But these are the main points. Very big fines and criminal offence charges over these. Gotta love Canada! haha :Cheers  

#30 1Evil55

1Evil55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1950 posts
  • Sled:2007 Blizzard

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

Nice BMG Otokiak

Sorry Doomaster for the crap rules you guys have.  Here in Chicago, we had a major uphill battle for carry for the longest time.  It took a federal judge to give us the OK for carry.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users