• Please log in to reply
657 replies to this topic

#1 Otokiak

Otokiak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1642 posts
  • Interests:Work, Hunting, rifles, hockey, racing skidoos and wOOmen.
  • Sled:RS 600, 500 triple, 960 triple

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

I used to post in the "LOUNGE" but didn't see any reason to do so this year so I'm posting here in general discussion to see if any of my fellow DOOTALKERS were gun owners, target shooters or hunters ... hell even collectors if you wish?  I personally own quite a few, I target shoot and I hunt with my rifles.  Post a pic, tell a story, show some long range targets ... let's hear from ya fellow DOOTALKERS.  Cheers,

Otokiak

Rankin Inlet, NU

CANADA

"Life is grande, even at the worst of times!"

"SKIDOO RULES!"

#2 319skidoo

319skidoo

Troll Patrol ®

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15529 posts
  • Interests:1. Doing things
    2. Not doing things
    3. Thinking about doing things
    4. Not thinking about doing things
  • Sled:04 MXZ 600ho-RIP

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

Well I have multiple stories in the lounge, let's hope I get some new ones for this thread! I got a few I could tell from earlier this year, I'll tell I'm possibly tonight But I for sure will tell the one that will educate everyone about what can happen when taking risky shots.

Edited by 319skidoo, 12 November 2014 - 03:07 PM.

4296.gif

Skioutty: Brutus I love the plow set up on the 550 fanner. ((Clickity click for pic)

brutus: Pretty sweet mod, eh? I use that to stay in the lead by clearing the snow off the trail so the liquid coolers behind me overheat.  ;)  :P

#3 SwedishHiller

SwedishHiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Sled:Summit X 800 2015

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

Are you guys in the US allowed to collect guns without any licenses?
I would love to have a really nice, old gun hangning on the wall but I am not allowed because I got to have a license and also an approved cabinet where the gun has to be stored.

#4 1Evil55

1Evil55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1950 posts
  • Sled:2007 Blizzard

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

I would love to have a really nice, old gun hangning on the wall but I am not allowed because I got to have a license and also an approved cabinet where the gun has to be stored.

God Bless America!

Laws vary from state to state but the trend has been moving in the favor of gun owners.

I collect, shoot, hunt, carry....

#5 doomasterkp

doomasterkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, mechanics, video capture and editing, boating, hunting and fishing, sports and flying
  • Sled:2015 Magenta Freeride 146" w/ jaws can

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

You do not need the cabinet if the gun is disabled properly.  

#6 doomasterkp

doomasterkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Atv'ing, mechanics, video capture and editing, boating, hunting and fishing, sports and flying
  • Sled:2015 Magenta Freeride 146" w/ jaws can

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Have two 3 12-gauges. On 40 y/o single, A Mossberg I traded for a can a few years back, and a brand new Super-X 3 winchester pump. We love our birds here in Labrador(Duck, goose, Turr)!!!

Also have a soviet SKS 7.62x39. It's barely an Sks  but it can be lol. Has an ATI collapsible stock, 130$ bipod(neat rig but can't think of the brand name and too tired to go look), 3-9 power nikon 40mm scope and wartak sd rail scope mount! It can hit dinner plates all day at 650 yards!! Pretty proud of this one.

I also have an old 22. that I bought three years ago when I lived in Ottawa forgot to go pick it up, and I never have the time to give them my cc info haha. I'm guessing it's still there because it's against the law to do anything with it.

And last but one of the most useful is my phantom Canadian tire 22. pellet gun. Can't hurt a squirrel 30ft away but can scare the garbage out of a crow pretty good!! 

#7 County Line

County Line

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Sled:2019 Polaris SBA 850 2013 BCX 800

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

Been a poor season for me so far, I was tripping over bear last year but only saw 1 this year and he was too small to shoot ( I called him "roast") Been deer hunting hard and completely screwed up on a 6 point last week. I was just turning off the woods road onto the dead end I hunt and there he was 50 yds ahead. By the time I bailed out he was decent enough to stand broadside to me down the road 130 yds away.

I guess I got overconfident or buck fever set in but the first 2 shots missed and a 3rd as he bolted only killed a branch. No hair, blood or anything. My 2 misses were low and within 6" of each other and yes, the scope is on so It was all me. Never been prone to buck fever before and made a lot of difficult/fluke shots before but it had to happen sometime. Really shakes a fella's confidence.

Nice to see you here Otokiak, I'm also known as Cranky Pants over on CGN.

Edit- Here's a little story, I get home tonite and the wife is freaking out saying she knows what she wants for Christmas. I'm thinking what sort of junk is it now, but she wants a rifle! (savage axis in the pink camo) Now she has to go and take the firearms course and hunter course. Se sat in the stand with me on Sat so I guess that got her interested.

Edited by County Line, 12 November 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#8 Moss

Moss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Braaaping
  • Sled:2012 Summit 146" 800 E-tec with Emo R/R

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

Hunter here, I don't collect, but I've been hunting since I was 12.  Deer and Moose for Big game mostly, and love to get out for Partridge with the shotgun on the ATV.

Went moose hunting this year, but didn't end up getting one, was the first time in 6 yrs I went, the cost for Non-resident in Quebec has been increasing alot, and was hard to get away when my Son was younger.  I didn't take any time for deer this year, but I might do some late season Crossbow hunting, if I can get access close to home.

I put together a video of my Moose hunt, Again no moose kill or moose on Video, just missed getting one on Cam, seen it but the Go pro was mounted too low on the bike.

#9 SKIDOZER500

SKIDOZER500

On Thin Ice with Steve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32219 posts
  • Sled:2016 tnt 900 ace 09 tnt500ss 05mxz 500ss

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:20 PM

Got these last week...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415838007.124805.jpg Copied and pasted from your last post with the finest internet epoxy using Tapatalk

America,the home of the ENTITLED

#10 Guest_machamillion_*

Guest_machamillion_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

new browning maxis last year 3.5" camo,
1952 Winchester 9400 30-30
308 Winchester model 7 bolt,
savage combination 20 gage/30-30
chech 222. 22-250 savage,
browning auto 5 2.3/4.
270 browning, 22 Remington nylon,
jc Higgins shot gun,
single shot cooey 22,
muzzle loader by Hartford arms

#11 coreyhorn8

coreyhorn8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Sled:2017 Summit 850X 154"

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

Shoot my Grandpa's Browning A5 semi auto 12 gauge and his dad's .300 Savage. Both work like a dream, and will be passed down to my kid/grandkid some day.

#12 Superman

Superman

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 7089 posts
  • Interests:outdoors
  • Sled:‘10 600 TNT, ‘19 FR 146, ‘20 FR 137

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

Had fun with the family this past summer sittin by the fire target practicing on cans with pellet and BB guns. Little competition among us all. For hunting and target i have a Remington 870 12 gage with slug barrel and scope, an Ithaca Featherweight 12 gage with bird barrel. Killed a lot of small game with that gun, a Winchester semi auto 22 my dad bought me when i was 12 yrs old, an AR 15 i bought just because, and recently got my CPL, but havent decided on what hand gun to get yet. Wife carries a S&W 45 service and a Ruger 380 on her ankle.
You know you raised your son right when you start the sleds and he says 'Dad, I love that smell!!<p>If you don't turn around to look at your sled when you walk away, you bought the wrong sled!<br><br>
I partied with Jeff Ross

#13 mile9c1

mile9c1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2515 posts
  • Sled:Apex

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

I have a few firearms, used mainly for exercising my constitutional freedom.

Remington 11-87 12 gauge
Smith & Wesson Model 60 with 3" barrel
S&W Model 49
Glock 19

Probably would have more but my wife doesn't like guns. In Michigan you need to obtain a permit to purchase a pistol unless you have a conceal carry license (which I have). Permits are easy to obtain. Pistols get registered with the State but rifles and shotguns don't.

#14 taker

taker

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8429 posts
  • Sled:2011 mxz-xrs 800; 2016 renegade 900 ace

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

I hunt, shoot, and daily carry.

My wife also hunts.

I have had my 10yr old son out hunting a few times this year.

He seems to enjoy it.

We are a "gun friendly" family!!

Think snow & ride ski-doo.
Yea Buddy!!!!!!!!

#15 MX-Z Man

MX-Z Man

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 27359 posts
  • Sled:'19 850X, Outlander 650XT, & Defender XT

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

I was late getting started in the hunting world, but I'm catching up. :biggrin_old:

My current collection includes;

Browning X Bolt 30-06 (daily hunting rifle)

Browning A Bolt .308

Remington 700 30-06

Remington Model 4 (Limited edition Model 7400) 30-06

Remington 783 .22

Remington 870 12 ga, rifled barrel

Franchie Intensity 12 ga

Mossburg  Bolt 16 ga

LC Smith Double Barrelled Side Hammer - was my Great Great Gandfathers.

CVA Optima Muzzleloader .50cal

Traditions Muzzleloader .50cal

My oldest daughter bought her first rifle this year, a Mossburg M10 Hunter .243

gallery_5_57_615.jpg

The XP was the most fun sled ever made - but I liked my XR more. The 850 takes it to a whole different level. 

No Need to Freeze-buy a set of these! http://www.coldguards.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users