Flex edge vs non flex edge 2.5" track - REV Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Flex edge vs non flex edge 2.5" track

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jhubs

jhubs

jhubs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1106 posts
  • Sled:03 440/600, 06 summit 800, 09 summit 860

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

I am looking to put a 2.5" track on my 2006 rev summit. I wanted to do the 154"x2.5" flex edge but I am having a tough time finding one for a decent price. Does anyone have experience on the 2.5" 16 wide non flex edge tracks? I like the idea of the flex edge but is it worth it over a standard 2.5" off of a 2012 summit? Thanks in advance for any info.

#2 westrip

westrip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:Sleds, Dual Sport Bikes, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes, White Water Rafting, Kayaking, Canoeing, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Snowboard, Mountaineering, Carpentry, Mechanics, Music, Travel
  • Sled:14 Summit X 174-3"2007 Summit XRS800R159

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Stick with a regular track. Polaris and Artic Cat still are. You will not experience a huge difference until you combine it with the T Motion Skid and that will run you into the thousands to make the complete switch. I have seen tracks for $300-$500 on Kijiji.....When I make the shift to a Flex Edge track it will be hooked to an ETEC 800R and an XM sticker on the hood!

#3 bluerev

bluerev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Winter-Sleddin
    Summer-Bikini watching and Bbqing.
  • Sled:2014 sp 163 Black

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

X2 westrip. Wait a minute...... My hood says XM and ETEC 800r....HA!!  I just got mine. Its a wonderful thing. Time to pass down the Rev to my Sons.

14 sp 163 = Grip n Rips. Extreme skid plate. Vent kit. Glove box ext. Adjustable Riser. Quick Clickers. Sled Shed Cooker Can. Soon to have a Black Jerry Can, a Blacked out windshield, and all "Lawyer labels" deleted.

06 Rev 151= Plastic Clutch cover deleted. MBRP can. Tracks USA rail extensions 144 to 151. Zerks in the spindles. 2 in bar riser. Doo pre filter. Relocated computer to top of oil tank. MCB pistons. Sway Bar deleted. Foam deleted. Clear fuel tank. Nord Locks. Quick clickers.

#4 vailguy

vailguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Sled:07 Summit 860r 154

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

I would disagree.  the 2.5 track rips!

http://www.snoweston...ad.php?t=359993

07 Rev Summit 860r - RKTek Big Bore,14.7 Head, T-Motion, Skinz Boards, VE tail, Smitty's Drop, DEI Wrapped pipe, PPI can, Toms 3D Arms/Team Clutch, Fox Float2, Boss Seat, SLP Intake, XXX Vent Kit, Skinz Airframe Boards, Sway/Headlight/Switch/Bogie Delete, Digatron EGT's, Braided line, Race rotor/LED Brake, ProTaper Bars, 8T/19/45, Powdermax2 16"x154"x2.5" 2.86p, Poo ski's

03 Summit ZX-X 800 - RKTek 14.8 Head, CPI stingers, felker clutch, Fox Pro Comp, Sway/Switch Delete, braided line/throttle, billet throttle, BetterBoards, 8" RSI riser, 19/45, 3.5" Setback 2"drop Challenger 15"x151", CFR Rack

#5 Highmarkdooman

Highmarkdooman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:sledding,wrenchin ,offroading
  • Sled:04 highmark summit x 156"-16"x3"

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

NO NEED FOR FLEXEDGE. the guys riding XMs with 3" tracks said they didnt notice a big difference in how they sidehilled without it.

t-motion/flexedge is only if you need to sidehill/carve effortlessly, otherwise 3" is the way to go for a similar price.

04 summit X highmark 151" 800HO         
BMP pipe, y-pipe & can                                  
BMP/SLP high alt head                                  
Boyesen Reeds(power pack)                         
Oil Injection Delete(440x parts)                     
Clutch Kit                                                                                            
SLP venting                                              
Secondary Floated                                     
07 800r airbox                                                                                  
footwell/sidepanel mod                                
sidepanel/airbox mod                                   
Carbon Fibre Hood                                   
Rev snobunje mod                                         
Lead Dog light                                                
Headlight Delete                                           
Carb Spring mod
Post Forward mod                                      
Trimmed Windsheild
10" Smitty's Riser
VEI D&R
Skid relocate
Custom "add-on" Drop Brackets
Mainway Solutions a-arm bushings
SLP offset axle
9" plastic rear wheels
8" upper idlers
wheels inside rails
Avid 7T 3"P drivers
Camo CE 156"-16"X3"
AI 37" A-arms(Black PC)
ski-doo tunnel bag
440X Nun/Braces
VEI mod tunnel 159"(Orange PC)

#6 eyriebob

eyriebob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4230 posts
  • Sled:880R XRS Mod.156X 3 in

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

NO NEED FOR FLEXEDGE. the guys riding XMs with 3" tracks said they didnt notice a big difference in how they sidehilled without it.

t-motion/flexedge is only if you need to sidehill/carve effortlessly, otherwise 3" is the way to go for a similar price.

does a track need rods to the edge"NO' does it really bend riding in snow"NO" maybe a bit on the shop floor. Flex track is a good track but not due to the rods.the paddles are large rubber beams that prevent the track for really flexing. the 3 inch is another whole league.

#7 BackCountryBob

BackCountryBob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Sled:04REV800 154 2.5 flex, 14REV-XP600 146

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

I just installed a 154 x 2.4" off an 11 XP on my 04 151 which I had had broken the rods and Gman's 15" cut. I did the same mods to the XP track along with phenolic rear torsion spring bushings I got from Maize,06 440r 8 lug drivers, 8" big wheel,off-set axle,Grabber skis and 3# EarthX lithium battery . Results: Totally different sled on the trail with faster hook up and much easier to lift the skis. Boon docking in 3' of no base powder on top of mahogany bushes, the sled hooked up with less throttle and I could tractor thru stuff that would have stuck my old 151".

This was my first ride of the season with the XP track and did not get a chance to do any major hill climbing but the sled was much easier to side hill and had much improved traction to handle the no base powder.

BCB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users