12 replies to this topic

#1 dootalkadmin

dootalkadmin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

We would like to welcome Cold Guards as our newest supporting vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their site:http://www.coldguards.com/

#2 unslow1

unslow1

Y Zasch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32915 posts
  • Interests:ashore 3/16-30/12
  • Sled:James 2.0, '05 GSX, '06 550X

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

looking forward to FINALLY putting in my custom order, and supporting the business(es) that support the site :checkerd

I hope your business continues to do well, Mark :righton

#3 1marko

1marko

Members

• Sponsors
  • 556 posts
  • Sled:canam

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thank you for the post, I want to let everyone know that coldguards is here to serve you, I have worked hard to build up the name and reputation and I will not sway from that, failure is not a option!!! that being said I want to thank everyone for their support,

#4 1marko

1marko

Members

• Sponsors
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

looking forward to FINALLY putting in my custom order, and supporting the business(es) that support the site :checkerd

I hope your business continues to do well, Mark :righton

unslow1 that sounds great looking forward to it

1marko :cool_old:

#5 Gothon

Gothon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Sled:16 Renegade Adrenaline 900 Ace

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Placed an order for a size small the other night for my 13 Renegade.  Thinking I will be getting a second set for my older machine once I evaluate the aggressive style and fit test both machines.  My older sled is not listed on your site, but there are similar machines.  I assume that the small size would be correct for a 98 Indy 500 Trail. 

Does that sound right?

Current

16 Renegade Adrenaline 900 Ace

98 Polaris 500 Indy Trail (xtra 10)

Previous

13 Renegade Adrenaline 600 E-TEC

#6 1marko

1marko

Members

• Sponsors
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hi Gothon thanks for the order,I have received 2 orders lately for aggressive I believe you are Brian from WI, yes that sounds right unless you have added extension hooks to the straight grips, the trail and aggressive will fit the same the only difference is the hand coverage, if you have any other questions let me know.

#7 Pit Grunt

Pit Grunt

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8261 posts
  • Interests:ADMIN
  • Sled:2020 900 ACE Renegade DOOTALK sled

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

Great product !!! Have run these on all my sleds and my hand stay warm and wind free even on the coldest of days.

WE RIDE !!!

#8 Lemonbomber

Lemonbomber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:I'm not an alcoholic, I just believe it's still safer to drink beer than water
  • Sled:2015 Renegade Backcountry/Black

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Just put mine on here. -4 in the garage so they are a bit stiff to work with even though I just brought them out from the house.

I seem to be having a time getting a snug fit with the grab bar and brake fluid reservoir. Tried several adjustments but it seems to loosen up all the same.

What are you guys doing for them? Photos might help.

#9 1marko

1marko

Members

• Sponsors
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Just put mine on here. -4 in the garage so they are a bit stiff to work with even though I just brought them out from the house.

I seem to be having a time getting a snug fit with the grab bar and brake fluid reservoir. Tried several adjustments but it seems to loosen up all the same.

What are you guys doing for them? Photos might help.

if you can send me a picture of your set up and also 1 of the coldguards installed at where you are having the trouble I can see if there are any things to do to help

[email protected]

#10 Lemonbomber

Lemonbomber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:I'm not an alcoholic, I just believe it's still safer to drink beer than water
  • Sled:2015 Renegade Backcountry/Black

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

if you can send me a picture of your set up and also 1 of the coldguards installed at where you are having the trouble I can see if there are any things to do to help

[email protected]

Well just tried the ziptie suggestion I saw from someone else in another board. Headed out for a night ride in an hour so will be testing them in some near zero windchill tonight. They seem to move around a bit so this might secure them. I would try the friction tape that comes with it but it has been too cold to try to apply it. The upper/lower velcro straps run right into the grab bar is the problem so I was trying to move them in different positions to get a tighter fit. Have not used the grab bar yet so if it was removed there would be no issue. Not sure if I am the aggressive type of rider that needs grab bar. All my friends say I will need it but have not run into a reason yet.

Thanks and will let you know.

#11 #8 ski-doo

#8 ski-doo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling and golf
  • Sled:2016 RENEGADE 600 SPORT

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Most hand grips have a small hole in the end. Is it possible to put a small plastic automotive pin through the cold guards and insert pin in the hole ?

A bad day of sledding is still better than a good day at work

#12 1marko

1marko

Members

• Sponsors
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

Most hand grips have a small hole in the end. Is it possible to put a small plastic automotive pin through the cold guards and insert pin in the hole ?

Yes it is possible as a matter of fact several have already done this with some success, I don't set coldguards up with this method for several reasons: different grip end locations and types, harder to put on and take off, damage to grip end with frequent on-off application, possible material fraying at pin location, if you do decide to use a pin I suggest a small hole and with a little heat seal the edge of material, a simple cigarette lighter would work but not much heat as the material will burn.

#13 74Craig

74Craig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22398 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,craft beers,beer,
    Racing
  • Sled:2016 Cross Treck 6000,2013 Grand Touring

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Great product,and a stand up guy!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users