Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

AFR sensor mount mcx180hp

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  bjerrang 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone have a picture where you have fitted the sensor "dongle" mounting on the mcx exhaust.
Here is my idea where to install it , can anyone pin-point more exactly. So it don't interfere with the frame
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Rim Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I Can also see that. It just after The turbo. And where you want to Mount it is too close to The manifold. The sensors life Will be short if you put it there.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ekbii2
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
#7 ·
:)
Good luck :) AFR is a must on a boosted sled. Imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
High 10's to Low 11's at 6PSI at sea level and at wide open throttle. Make sure your EFI box has the latest map from MCX as some were shipped with lean programming last year. Hope this helps...

#13 ·
If you are running 12.5 afr at WOT at 6 pounds of boost at sea level on pump fuel you are too LEAN!!! MCX's "XXX rich" mapping from last year can be leaned out for low load conditions and in the absence of boost but at WOT you need more fuel!

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
10 to 11 is to rich. Mine is from 11.5 to 12 @ wot and 12.5 at peaks. The mapping is mostly changed at 5-6000 rpm. I have a own thread about this. I was up in 2.3 liters in light terrain only long running with a shorty with the new mcx map. Now im on 1.9liters @ 10km.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/513909-Mapping-AFR-1200-Turbo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
10 to 11 is to rich. Mine is from 11.5 to 12 @ wot and 12.5 at peaks. The mapping is mostly changed at 5-6000 rpm. I have a own thread about this. I was up in 2.3 liters in light terrain only long running with a shorty with the new mcx map. Now im on 1.9liters @ 10km.

http://www.dootalk.c...-AFR-1200-Turbo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
"Ok, back to the topic... there is no reason why a properly tuned 1200 turbocharged Doo could not be very safely tuned to 14,2-14,4 low load cruise AFR, 13.6-13.9 normal cruise afr, 13.0-13,3 high load AFR and 12.3 WOT AFR. If in doubt about the timing curve versus the fuel octane and boost load..... then enrich one full point from the above figures. If you really do not know what you're doing and you're very concerned about your tune not being right, then enrich 2 full points."

The above quote from Desperado said it best, the MCX does not adjust timing from stock so the 180 kit would fall in the category of having a questionable timing curve for boost so "enrich one full point" from the 12.3 WOT which would yield 11.3 WOT afr. I would take his advise!!!

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry, just trying to help. Figured that someone that didn't know where to mount the afr sensor might not be an expert on tuning afr. Just didn't want you to find out the hard way that 12.5 afr @wot was too lean. I know a couple that did. And I never said to run 10! I said high 10's to low 11's (ie. 10.8 to 11.3). Sorry for trying to help... Didn't want niksun or anyone else to read your post and think running 12.5afr on pump fuel at sea level was ok. You didn't state you were mixing fuel with your pump gas. Lack of clear and concise information can cost people a lot of money in repairs. Still not real safe even with mixed fuel IMO but to each their own.

#18 ·
Sorry, just trying to help. Figured that someone that didn't know where to mount the afr sensor might not be an expert on tuning afr. Just didn't want you to find out the hard way that 12.5 afr @wot was too lean. I know a couple that did. And I never said to run 10! I said high 10's to low 11's (ie. 10.8 to 11.3). Sorry for trying to help...
Im hardly no expert, but i have always make my own mapping , fuel pressures and injector sizes. Mcx mapping their additional fuel is not an ideal solution. So ive always tried to modify it.
Anyway Its always smart to ask someone who has done the same job earlier even if it so easy as an afr sensor mounting.
I will post the final modified mcx mapping in the other thread for a bit more fuel efficiency for the 1200 mcx 6psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.