Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Best pipe for 2007 800r

8K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  rowanschevy 
#1 ·
Which aftermarket pipes are best for 800r 2007 ?

#3 ·
Stock pipe is best tuned for the stock 800r motor I heard. Only gains you will get on a stock 800 with a pipe is the weight reduction

#8 ·
I've ran an AAEN single on my 600 and it worked well and was actually quieter than the stock pipe. They make them for the 800r and claim an 8hp increase with their pipe and silencer and 15 lbs weight savings.

#9 ·
I have an aftermarket SPI pipe and can to trade for stock. I've been riding mostly trails here in eastern Ontario and I've been warned that I can get a ticket. It's not much louder than stock but I don't want to push my luck. Sled is a 2007 Summit 800R. Two questions: anyone want to trade and are most pipes from an 800 rev compatible?
Thanks

#14 ·
I'm not sure, but unless your sled says "polaris" on it, I wouldn't buy any slp product unless its their intake kit...I've always known them to be a leader in the poo world.

No need for anyone to jump down my throat here, just saying. Manufactures claims of great hp gains are typically false unfortunately and often times end up in LOSS of hp....take the 800ho for instance. The only pipe worth a turd was the stock summit pipe or the dynoport which was a match with a price tag attached, anything else lost hp. and if you have any porting done on the ho or r motor, buy the aaen. If your motors stock and you want a pipe to look cool or whatever, simply send it off for ceramic coating and there ya go...

Lefty

#23 ·
I've just installed a BRP crate engine in my 2007 800R Summit. I have an SPI pipe and can. I took it to the dyno at Jaws performance in North Gower (Ottawa Canada). Greg (the pipe guru) tells me that the exhaust is making too much back pressure with the SPI pipe and can. He aborted the test at 4.5psig at 7000rpm approaching 147hp. The hp and back pressure were still climbing steadily. He tested with a different can and had the same result. The concern he had is that it would continue to 5 psig and cause engine damage at sustained wide open running. Either the pipe is for a different engine or it is intended for high altitude.

I never wanted this pipe but it came with the sled when I bought it. No mountains to climb here, I just want a reliable sled. I've had a couple of engine melt downs in the short time I've owned this sled. The last issue was blown centre crank seals. I'm looking for a stock pipe but they aren't common in Eastern Ontario. I have found people with 800 HO pipes but I'd rather have an 07 800r pipe to be totally stock. I'm driving it now but taking it really easy.

Note that the jetting is fine. Nice tan color all along.

Does anyone have a stock pipe and can? Western Canada would likely be cheaper shipping than US. Also, I can trade or sell my SPI setup if someone can use it. Does anyone know if an earlier 800 HO pipe would work?

Attachments

#24 ·
07 summit 800r pipe only...i would bet there are similar results on most pipes out there. There's always a best pipe and sometimes it's the stock one. These newer doos aren't like thee old school poos that you could slap on a pulpit and can and pick up 12 hp.like all the manufactures say...I'd really like to see what an slp does on the dyno.

I'll respond to your email in regards to my pipe if you end up needing it

Lefty

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
The 07 pipe was over sized from factory and is best for most, even the big bore guys say stick with stock pipe, few years ago most were raving about the dynoport pipe. Lots of guys say that you shouldn't ceramic coat your pipe, black pipe with clading is best, you want the heat in the pipe. Wished i never bought my can ceramic coated, that side get's filled with snow and never melts... plus the dam thing is bleeding rust and looks like "edit for bad language" if i don't polish it every now and again.

#26 ·
I found a pipe that was supposed to be from an 07 800r but the number doesn't match with the online Skidoo parts list. The number 054560 is stamped on the flange and the can is 054445. The can also has a hole for a temperature sensor and I don't think mine needs that. I tried looking through the parts list for every machine from 2006-2009 and I can't find these numbers. Does anyone know what they are and if they will work on my 07 800R???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.