???05 Rev display says "SCALE" ??? - REV Chassis - Performance and Trail Models - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

???05 Rev display says "SCALE" ???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 k12pilot

k12pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

After riding all morning in the rain Saturday at Tug Hill. I reset the trip odometer after fueling up, than i had no gauges... speedo & tach Display reads "SCALE"???? I checked 3 fuses on the left side all good. A friend said maybe a relay?? Sled still runs great.. even after cart Wheelin it!! OUCH!! Any ideas?? Thanks!!

#2 grover

grover

Fuzzy but not Blue........

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10418 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

Reset button is stuck.

-Grover
Clutching: Northern Catalyst S8R8 kit (Dynamo Joe Stuff)

-LIFE

Just passin' through........

#3 05 MXZ Trail 500SS

05 MXZ Trail 500SS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

you have to hold the reset button thats on the gauges in for a couple seconds, like as if you were to reset your tripometer. this happened to me and i didnt know what happened to it. another thing it could be is the reset button is stuck in. play with the button a lil bit and it will be fine.

#4 k12pilot

k12pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

Reset button is stuck.

-Grover

pushed it a aboout thousand times..... ;(

#5 bransan

bransan

Master Electrician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2304 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

pushed it a aboout thousand times..... ;(

Were telling you what is causing this.

The button is stuck in, and pushing on it won't make it pop out.

You have to fiddle with a little to get it to pop back all the way.

We have all had to deal with this a time or two.

Patience.

Get Your wife a great sled and She will become Your new best friend.
She rides a 2012 600 etec gade, awesome sled for Her.
See you on the trail!
Go to www.kaxe.org and click on live.

BCE
Brandon Chase Electric
Serving all of northern Minnesota

BCrocks.jpg

#6 k12pilot

k12pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:53 AM

Were telling you what is causing this.

The button is stuck in, and pushing on it won't make it pop out.

You have to fiddle with a little to get it to pop back all the way.

We have all had to deal with this a time or two.

Patience.

gotcha I'll Check again. Thanks guys

#7 ShawnSkeard

ShawnSkeard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

yep buttons just stuck in a bit happened to mine last year

#8 k12pilot

k12pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

Thank You

#9 Antares

Antares

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:20 PM

Happened to me last year as well.....use your fingernails, squeeze and pull the button back out. Pushing it in and wiggling it did nothing for me. Grasping it and pulling lightly back fixed it immediately.

#10 k12pilot

k12pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Happened to me last year as well.....use your fingernails, squeeze and pull the button back out. Pushing it in and wiggling it did nothing for me. Grasping it and pulling lightly back fixed it immediately.

Thanks

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

So my gauge alsso read scale and had the tach never moving from 0 and the speedo stuck at 30 alltime... I replaced the relay on the left hand side of the sled and now the tach works but the speedo is still at 30 ...? I bought 2 of the relays from napa and both fixes the tach only. So what the heck is wrong?

#12 k12pilot

k12pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:14 PM

So my gauge alsso read scale and had the tach never moving from 0 and the speedo stuck at 30 alltime... I replaced the relay on the left hand side of the sled and now the tach works but the speedo is still at 30 ...? I bought 2 of the relays from napa and both fixes the tach only. So what the heck is wrong?

My button was stuck In. pulled out was ok for a few wknds happened a few more times.. Now when it happens sometimes I get swirling / spinning squares.... Still runs great though????? What is the part ### u got fr nappa??!! Thanks!!!

#13 Russholio

Russholio

President and Founder of Team Grampa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

My button was stuck In. pulled out was ok for a few wknds happened a few more times.. Now when it happens sometimes I get swirling / spinning squares.... Still runs great though????? What is the part ### u got fr nappa??!! Thanks!!!

I think the sequence goes something like this:

When they're spinning counterclockwise, if you press and hold the button your speedometer needle should come down. When it has reached zero, release the button. If they're spinning clockwise, push and release the button and they should switch to spinning counterclockwise.

Mine did this last year. I posted the problem, and somebody posted the remedy, so you should be able to find it if you do a search. If the button is permanently stuck, that's a separate problem (you'll know it's stuck if you get "scale" and the spinning squares when you start the sled -- this is what happens when you start it with the button pressed).

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing responsibly could do.

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Mine was stuck as well, the rubber boot on the button was stuck...haven't had a prob since <_<

#15 k12pilot

k12pilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

I think the sequence goes something like this:

When they're spinning counterclockwise, if you press and hold the button your speedometer needle should come down. When it has reached zero, release the button. If they're spinning clockwise, push and release the button and they should switch to spinning counterclockwise.

Mine did this last year. I posted the problem, and somebody posted the remedy, so you should be able to find it if you do a search. If the button is permanently stuck, that's a separate problem (you'll know it's stuck if you get "scale" and the spinning squares when you start the sled -- this is what happens when you start it with the button pressed).

Is this calibrating the speedo???? I wasn't moving, so needle was at 0. Thanks