670 HO Winderosa gasket kit - MXZ / Legend / Summit / Grand Touring / Formula - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

670 HO Winderosa gasket kit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dj670

Dj670

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

I'm having trouble finding out which base gasket I use out of the 3 gaskets in the kit. The sled is a 99MXZ 670HO, I'm not cutting or shaving anything I just want to know which one to use on a completely stock 670HO.
The kit also came with 4 manifold gaskets, they look very similar but there must be some differance any Idea's?

Thanks
Deano

#2 H.O.Rider

H.O.Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

.5mm or .6mm for the 670HO.. squish is safe on premium fuel above .072"

#3 Neurotoxin

Neurotoxin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2224 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

Does this help any: http://www.dootalk.c...h...4&hl=gasket

2017 Summit 850 154 - The newest of the Doo line of belt-eaters

2008 Freestyle Park 550

#4 mydoo

mydoo

Have been

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5922 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Does this help any: http://www.dootalk.c...h...4&hl=gasket

The windarosa kit comes with a .3 .5 and a ,8 use the middle one for a stocl 670 ho .
[quote][code=auto:0]

#5 Dj670

Dj670

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

The windarosa kit comes with a .3 .5 and a ,8 use the middle one for a stocl 670 ho .

Thanks mydoo thats what I neededs to know. Any idea on the extra exhaust manifold gaskets?

#6 dookey

dookey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1517 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

there is a reason for the variation in the size. and why there is not just one for a 670 ho. will you be safe with the middle one? maybe. the manufacturing process leaves much to be desired when it comes to being perfect, tool wear is one factor. the engine is setup from the factory with the gasket that meets the need to acheive the optimum port timing as well as squish. which gasket does it in yours? the one it had on it. I realise that is not an option for you or you would not be asking. so I would do the proper thing and check the squish and use the gasket you need, not guess.
"BUY AMERICAN, BEFORE ITS BYE AMERICA"
Toyota from the same great people that brought you Pearl Harbor.

"All truth passes through three stages. First , it is ridiculed. Second , it is violently opposed. Third , it is accepted as being self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

http://www.southerns...rokeengine.html

http://www.southerns...wo-stroke_c.gif

#7 extra

extra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

What do you guys think about the Winderosa kit? Quality-wise - especially the rubber o-rings for the head?

It's a lot cheaper than OEM - like 35$ from MFG: http://www.mfgsupply.com/710215.html

Also, it seems to be the same for the 670 and 670HO.

The kit comes with 3 base gaskets - .3 .5 and a ,8. I still plan to measure my squish band to see which one is best and I hope I'll pick one of these three.

At worst, I could only get the base gasket from the dealer and use all the other ones.

Opinions?

#8 jdpilot

jdpilot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

What do you guys think about the Winderosa kit? Quality-wise - especially the rubber o-rings for the head?

It's a lot cheaper than OEM - like 35$ from MFG: http://www.mfgsupply.com/710215.html

Also, it seems to be the same for the 670 and 670HO.

The kit comes with 3 base gaskets - .3 .5 and a ,8. I still plan to measure my squish band to see which one is best and I hope I'll pick one of these three.

At worst, I could only get the base gasket from the dealer and use all the other ones.

Opinions?

I use winderosa Carb rebuilt kits on all my jetskis and have never had an issue. I find their Carb kits to be top notch. But jetskiing on a small lake is much different than sledding
, when it comes to a motor that could leave me stranded deep in the woods, I only use OEM gaskets. Bombardier kits and seals are top notch and I haven't had an issue. I feel more comfy pony-ing up on gaskets and cutting corners elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

1998 Mach 1
Fresh Full Rebuild/all recalls performed
Bickfords Clutch Kit
Full Red Accent Kit

Custom Sno Stuff Windshield
Pilot 5.7's
AD Boivin ETS kit
Dynoport 3pk Silencer on stock center dumps
Jetted

1998 MXZX 440LC- Stock and in full factory race trim

sig6e4348_zpsfc7a6c55.jpg

#9 mydoo

mydoo

Have been

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5922 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

The base gaskets in the rebuild kit are the most important and the Winderosa  gaskets are better than the ones skidoo sells!   I have built a lot of  engines and if the engine is put together properly they will work just as good as a Skidoo gasket that  you pay three time as much for !

[quote][code=auto:0]

#10 1993mx470

1993mx470

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

You can measure your original base gasket with a caliper and use the closest one I'm pretty sure I ended up using the middle one
Just love it when your friend says to you, "holy crap you scared me when you flew by me back there"

#11 ditchbanger1980

ditchbanger1980

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

I used a winderosa complete gasket set on my std 670 last season and so far so good, I just measured my oe gasket and used the same thickness from the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 extra

extra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

I don't have my original gasket anymore - as the motor was rebuilt (incorrectly).

I plan to measure the squish band, as recommended by thumbdoctor.

I'm leaning towards getting OEM ones...