How far south can I ride? - Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

How far south can I ride?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 mxzdoo2

mxzdoo2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

I relocated to Charlotte North Carolina and am wondering where is the nearest location I can ride? Is it WV, Pa or??
Send me a pm! Thanks!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

I relocated to Charlotte North Carolina and am wondering where is the nearest location I can ride? Is it WV, Pa or??
Send me a pm! Thanks!

the closest organized trail system would be Pennsylvania....there is riding in Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland......The only thing I know about West Va. is riding the roads unless you are able to ride ATV trails.....Ohio ????

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

Try Here thats as south as it gets for organized trails. The only thing we have in WV are the raods and I am not 100% sure it is legal. There is a roumer that there is a senic highway in Pocohantis (SPELLING?) Co WV that snowmobileing is permited on but for me I can be in NY in the same drive time. It is close to Snow Shoe Ski Area.

#4 112motorsports

112motorsports

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

MXZdoo2,
We also just moved down to the south and are looking for people to ride with. I was looking on line and see that the resort Winterplace offers snowmobile tours, but I called to see if those trails are open to the public but no one answered. It is not too far up north to the other place that Doo in WV sugested. I was hoping that there might be something a little closer as the winter place web site claims they get up to 15 feet of snow per year so plenty in my mind. Hopefully they would let us ride up there. If anyone else has any ideas please offer them up as pulling up to NY is out of the question for a weekend ride. Thanks agian.

#5 mxzdoo2

mxzdoo2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

This is a repeat post, but I am still looking for a place to ride either in WV, Ohio or anywhere that would be the closest thing to Charlotte, NC. I am pretty resigned to the fact that I am going to have to drive but I need some destinations to look at first! <_<
Thanks

MXZdoo2,
We also just moved down to the south and are looking for people to ride with. I was looking on line and see that the resort Winterplace offers snowmobile tours, but I called to see if those trails are open to the public but no one answered. It is not too far up north to the other place that Doo in WV sugested. I was hoping that there might be something a little closer as the winter place web site claims they get up to 15 feet of snow per year so plenty in my mind. Hopefully they would let us ride up there. If anyone else has any ideas please offer them up as pulling up to NY is out of the question for a weekend ride. Thanks agian.

#6 N1DE3

N1DE3

gade1000x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3068 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

WOW. I LIVE IN OAKBORO NC. LETS DO RIDE SOMEWHERE.
O" YOU EIGHT ONE 2