Guess I'll have to help keep you guys updated.. - Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Guess I'll have to help keep you guys updated..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

I live in Deep Creek, but barely ride here anymore. Got into the real mtn riding out west 8 years ago, bought a place last year in BC and now the east coast is done.. If you like riding here, dont go out west. It will ruin it for ya,.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

5 inches the other day. melted away though... Its comin boys.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:26 PM

5 inches the other day. melted away though... Its comin boys.

6 - 12 inches tonight and tomorrow. <_<

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

6 - 12 inches tonight and tomorrow. <_<

Got about 7-8 inches. Another 8 on the way tomorrow night. :dance: Few guys riding last night.

#5 REVInMD

REVInMD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:27 PM

Got about 7-8 inches. Another 8 on the way tomorrow night. :dance: Few guys riding last night.

Sweet! Is the lake frozen yet? <_<
Have you ever stopped to think about something.....
...and forgot to start again?

My DooTalk gallery
My photography gallery

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

Sweet! Is the lake frozen yet? <_<

no frozen lake yet, but 12-14 inches of freshies.. Lots of guys out sledding right now.

I wanna see about 2 more feet before I get out.. :dance:

#7 REVInMD

REVInMD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

no frozen lake yet, but 12-14 inches of freshies.. Lots of guys out sledding right now.

I wanna see about 2 more feet before I get out.. <_<

Good for them! I'm with your mindset now though. Now that I have a good trailer, I've been trailering up to NY. Riding the lake gets old fast. DCL State park doesn't have much trail, and Herrington Manor park is only slightly better. Keep me away from out West or I won't even want to ride NY any more!

My DooTalk gallery
My photography gallery

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

Good for them! I'm with your mindset now though. Now that I have a good trailer, I've been trailering up to NY. Riding the lake gets old fast. DCL State park doesn't have much trail, and Herrington Manor park is only slightly better. Keep me away from out West or I won't even want to ride NY any more!

The last snow melted alot, but we got another 10 - 12inches 2 days ago. You are not riding in the right area. There are a good bit of places you can ride around the lake. Not the parks.

Def. dont go out west. you will be broke as hell and never want to ride the east again guaranteed. I still have a sled here and dont even feel like I can take it out until there is 3-4 feet of snow on the ground. <_<

#9 REVInMD

REVInMD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

The last snow melted alot, but we got another 10 - 12inches 2 days ago. You are not riding in the right area. There are a good bit of places you can ride around the lake. Not the parks.

Def. dont go out west. you will be broke as hell and never want to ride the east again guaranteed. I still have a sled here and dont even feel like I can take it out until there is 3-4 feet of snow on the ground. <_<

Yeah - I heard even Wisp opened already. Hope this weather continues.

I know we haven't been riding in the right places. The parks are riduculously lame. We discovered a trail off the lake on our last trip but the snow was marginal and we didn't get far. Didn't ride there at all last year once my sled found NY.

Do you trailer all the way out West or do you have something else you can ride out there?

My DooTalk gallery
My photography gallery

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

we are trying to find a way to get from dcl to laurel highlands.....we didnt have time this past year to try ATVing up......we will be trying to do that as soon as their is enough snow in the area.

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

we are trying to find a way to get from dcl to laurel highlands.....we didnt have time this past year to try ATVing up......we will be trying to do that as soon as their is enough snow in the area.

Keep in mind the PA LEO's are even worse than the ones in MD.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

you mean the dnr police?.......if their is enough snow, maybe they wouldnt bother us...yeah right!

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:14 AM

you mean the dnr police?.......if their is enough snow, maybe they wouldnt bother us...yeah right!

Yep PA is super BAD. Aspecialy off designated trails.