Old Forge trip PIX - Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Old Forge trip PIX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

This had to have been the worst trip Ny I have ever been on. I only road 290 miles. Nothing like rain in Feb. up north. We only had 2 good days for riding but thats life. Heres the PIX.

Attached Images

• dt1.jpg

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

THis was on the way to Tug Hill.

Attached Images

• dt_2.jpg

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

Indian Lake via Moose River Plains

Attached Images

• dt_3.jpg

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

Deer at the Big T intersection

Attached Images

• dt_4.jpg

#5 REVInMD

REVInMD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

Man...sorry the weather was lousy for you. Weather isn't any better here. My buddy said some guys are planning on doing lake radar runs this weekend. I wouldn't think the lake was solid enough but conditions are so lousy here I haven't even bothered to check.

I just got back from a short trip to the hill. Lots of new snow. It was fairly cold but the trails were all great. Roads were a disaster on the way home last night/this morning though. Single lane (at best) most of the way down.
Have you ever stopped to think about something.....
...and forgot to start again?

My DooTalk gallery
My photography gallery

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

We are heading to Erie this weekend what snow they have sure beats ours http://www.chautauqu.../federation.htm we were able to ride about 50 miles yesterday afternoon here did my usual loop to Crainsville.

#7 Rugbier

Rugbier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

We were in Old Forge Last week Wed-Sun, wasn't bad, the races were ok. Of course after the races on Lake Diker's everyone was testing their sleds. Comming Back Home was PITA, we've got caught in the White Out and the Squalls of 81.
We are a bunch of Friends ( me = Sykesville )(others = Marriottsville ). They ride fast and hard, me more like Cruising. If you guys want to check next trip, send a pm, maybe we all ride up there.

#8 REVInMD

REVInMD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

We were in Old Forge Last week Wed-Sun, wasn't bad, the races were ok. Of course after the races on Lake Diker's everyone was testing their sleds. Comming Back Home was PITA, we've got caught in the White Out and the Squalls of 81.
We are a bunch of Friends ( me = Sykesville )(others = Marriottsville ). They ride fast and hard, me more like Cruising. If you guys want to check next trip, send a pm, maybe we all ride up there.

Sykesville? I'm in Eldersburg - 32&26. Thought I was alone around here. No local riding so I've been driving up to NY. How often do you guys go up there?
Have you ever stopped to think about something.....
...and forgot to start again?

My DooTalk gallery
My photography gallery