moving to oregon - Oregon - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

moving to oregon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 danga

danga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hey there, i'm really interested in moving to oregon in a year or so because i need to get away from my normal life. But i'm just not sure what part to go towards. I want to be able to travel to the mountains or any type of snow year round or seasonal because i want to do as much sledding as possible. Is there anywhere i can live in a city type area or rural and then travel to snow say within 2hrs?
I'm in the construction trade and would be looking for plumbing jobs, is there much for that type of work out there? Just wondering if anyone could give me any info on a good place to live.

Thanks for any help

Chris

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

Hey there, i'm really interested in moving to oregon in a year or so because i need to get away from my normal life. But i'm just not sure what part to go towards. I want to be able to travel to the mountains or any type of snow year round or seasonal because i want to do as much sledding as possible. Is there anywhere i can live in a city type area or rural and then travel to snow say within 2hrs?
I'm in the construction trade and would be looking for plumbing jobs, is there much for that type of work out there? Just wondering if anyone could give me any info on a good place to live.

Thanks for any help

Chris

Look into central Oregon I live by Sunriver about 15miles south of Bend and we have snow on the ground all winter(about 3feet right now) and only 20-30 mins to 10-15 FEET of snow. I usual get to ride until June or July depending on the snow pack. The construction trade around here is pretty good in the summer then winter is kinda a struggle but their are a lot of seasonal jobs. So look into Bend/Sunriver/LaPine (central oregon)

#3 BriskyD

BriskyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for any help

Chris

I have been thinking about the same thing! The last four winters have not been good at all here in the northeast, and I live for winter!!!! Im just tired of waiting for snow all the time and when we get it, the trails are pounded to dirt within two days and then it melts. I was looking at the Sierras in California, but who knows. I don't know if i really want to leave everything behind.

#4 alaskaguy

alaskaguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:22 AM

I would recommend Sunriver/Bend Area. If your looking more towards the city then Bend is it. Its gotten big in the past years. And its very close to snowmobiling. Only have to drive like 30 miles out of town. I grew up in Lapine, about 30 miles south of bend. Its all a beautiful area.

#5 Highmark 700

Highmark 700

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

I would recommend Sunriver/Bend Area. If your looking more towards the city then Bend is it. Its gotten big in the past years. And its very close to snowmobiling. Only have to drive like 30 miles out of town. I grew up in Lapine, about 30 miles south of bend. Its all a beautiful area.

The only problem with Bend is the price of housing there now, it has skyrocketed. But Redmond is only a few miles away and would be a lot more flexible in either renting or buying a home.
2000 Ski-Doo Summit Highmark 700
151" x 2.25" finger groove paddle track
BRP can
Dropped and Rolled Chaincase