Track warranty experience - REV-GEN 4 - Summit/Freeride/ 850 Turbo - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Track warranty experience

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Caper11

Caper11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2049 posts
  • Sled:2016 Summit X 174 Yellow

•    

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:22 PM

ATTN, BRPcares

Recently I put in a claim for questionable vertical cracks on my 3” lug. I thought it was very odd that vertical cracks were showing up behind the lug, along with other cracking behind the load side of the lug. Even stranger, the issue is confined to a 30” section of the track only.
I am very careful not to drive to fast on the trail, I keep it under 50mph, scratchers down and I have a sno flap for my expert turbo summit. If I was any more careful with this track I may as well sell the sled and get out of riding, cause I dont know what else I can do to prevent a track claim. There is only 700miles on my sled and my 19 850 3” was in better shape. My buddies 19 with almost 4000miles on his track does NOT even have these vertical cracks behind the lugs. There is no missing lugs and no tore or split lugs.

BRPs response to my claim was, the tips of my lugs are not sharp and square anymore indicating that I was riding in very low snow conditions. LMAO, gimme a break, is that the best answer you have. Yep low snow conditions to me is loading my sled in my garage and in the staging area.

I was even willing to send my track in for analysis at my cost, cause I truly believe there is something wrong with this track, that conditions and riding has not caused. Im left with the 1800 track bill for a replacement when I sell the sled.
Camso was extremely interested in what was happening to my track, but they cannot do anything to help me cause it has a BRP part number on it.

Im loosing faith in BRPs warranty, it used to be really good, dont get me going on rave valve seals! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2021 Summit X Turbo black, SHOT start, Enzo suspension, munster ski bushing savers, Custom clutching.

#2 simnil

simnil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Making new tracks in fresh snow.
  • Sled:Lynx Boondocker RE 3900

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:57 AM

The track is considered a wear part and as such not covered by the warranty...apparently.

I got a track replaced on BRP's cost two years ago but they were very clear on that it was a Good-will thing and NOT warranty.

Generally, tracks seems to have taken a dive quality-wise the last couple of years. All the 3.5" pitch tracks seems to go to pieces more often than not and the 2.86" Challenger extreme that I installed when my second stock track broke, the one I got changed by BRP, also got a tear in it after just one season. (all 3 tracks I have "wrecked" on my current sled have torn from the edges, haven't lost a single lug) 

A Fourstroke is about as useful as a football bat........

#3 alainm

alainm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Ski-Doo 2021 Expedition Sport 900ACE
    Ski-Doo 1988 Safari 377 with SC-4 rear suspension

Retired sleds
    Ski-Doo 2002 MXZ 380Fan
  • Sled:Expedition Sport 900 ACE

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:56 AM

Ever since Michelin bought out Camoplast and is now called Camso, the quality did go down from what I could see, on my 2021 track I have pulled cords on the side after only 1000km, on my last track that was BRP but stamped Camoplast I barely had any after over 10000km.

I would argue to the service department where I bought the sled until they agree to have a claim sent to BRP AND accept to replace it.

In this type of situation I found that having my sales rep with me helps, they do have some clout with the service dep and they do what to have you back for a new sled in a few years.

#4 simnil

simnil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 02:55 AM

I would be tempted to offer a sizeable chunk of money for a stock track from for example a -11 Freeride 154". Had one of those and rode more in the first winter on that one than I have put on my current sled in 3 and not even a lost lug. On this sled I have averaged roughly 1000km/track......

#5 NHRoadking

NHRoadking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3927 posts
  • Sled:2020 Freeride 154

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:39 AM

Experience with tracks vary.

One of our riding buddies replaced his 2.5 lug track after 4000 miles. Another buddy has the 3 inch lug and his is showing wear.

The guy with the 3 inch rides it hard and spins it when he hits stuff under the snow.

From what I see, it is hard to sort out true defects from abuse. Maybe Ski Doo could offer a no questions asked replacement track at a discount for tracks they do not warranty during the warranty period? Might be a reasonable compromise.

#6 Gin la pine

Gin la pine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Sled:2020 xpert 154

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:58 AM

https://www.alberta....-complaint.aspx

They are having it way too easy with the garbage track (i'll knock some wood i'm lucky with mines)

Basically for 1800$ it should last a few season if not abused and that is in the law at least over here in Qc...... like the belts on my freeride 2018 everybody told me it was my problem yet they replaced 17-18 of them....free of charge....HAving to fght for warranty is sure leaving a bitter taste...

Edited by Gin la pine, 14 June 2021 - 09:59 AM.

#7 Gin la pine

Gin la pine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Sled:2020 xpert 154

Posted 14 June 2021 - 10:00 AM

One of our riding buddies replaced his 2.5 lug track after 4000 miles. Another buddy has the 3 inch lug and his is showing wear.

The guy with the 3 inch rides it hard and spins it when he hits stuff under the snow.

From what I see, it is hard to sort out true defects from abuse. Maybe Ski Doo could offer a no questions asked replacement track at a discount for tracks they do not warranty during the warranty period? Might be a reasonable compromise.

exactly they should at least offer heavily discounted track in exchange of your old one or with a proof of sled purchase, or thru the dealer (to avoid the ressellers)

#8 simnil

simnil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 03:00 AM

exactly they should at least offer heavily discounted track in exchange of your old one or with a proof of sled purchase, or thru the dealer (to avoid the ressellers)

Or at least give the discount when replaced at the dealer, (so the dealer can dispose of the old one), and that way avoid people getting tracks cheap and selling them.

On a side note, having ridden with a 2.86" pitch track again this season I can almost promise I will never run a 3.5" pitch track again. I couldn't tighten the 3.5" track enough that it wouldn't ratchet a few times a day, and the 2.86 hasn't ratcheted a single time all season and I haven't tightened it near to as tight as I did the 3.5"s

#9 simnil

simnil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:26 AM

I The problems seems to be more connected to pitch rather than lug hight. All tracks appear to have gotten worse but the longer the pitch the worse it gets, or at least that's what I have seen. 

#10 Caper11

Caper11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2049 posts
  • Sled:2016 Summit X 174 Yellow

•    

Posted 18 June 2021 - 08:43 AM

My new track from camso I bought has been fully clipped and cut down to 15w. I’m trying to eliminate the flex edge, I may even put a 4 wheel kit on it.
I’m so glad that camso released a replacement and I don’t have to buy a BRP track.
The BS responses from BRP has me lowering my faith in the company, they must think their customers are clueless. Ran it in low snow conditions, you kidding me. Nice assumption without talking to the customer. They don’t even want to have a look at it in person, and I was going to take it off and send it to them. That’s why I bought the spare track.
Less warranty on sleds for 2022 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Caper11, 18 June 2021 - 08:48 AM.

2021 Summit X Turbo black, SHOT start, Enzo suspension, munster ski bushing savers, Custom clutching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users