The 900 ACE NA is No-Compromise Enthusiast’s Motor - Page 23 - Sledding - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

The 900 ACE NA is No-Compromise Enthusiast’s Motor

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#331 stealth bomber

stealth bomber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13543 posts
  • Interests:Running over snowflakes
  • Sled:2020 XRS 850

Posted Yesterday, 06:51 PM

The thing is 90 horsepower stock. If you rev it higher it makes 115 ish horsepower. People who are used to high horsepower two strokes will never be happy with it end of story.

#332 origYeti

origYeti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Sled:2020 Renegade Enduro 900 ACE

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

The thing is 90 horsepower stock. If you rev it higher it makes 115 ish horsepower. People who are used to high horsepower two strokes will never be happy with it end of story.

I agree with your bold point above.  If a person can actually use a high HP 2-stroke where they ride (or a Turbo 4s), this motor won't be enough.

But too many people (not you) 'think' they need high HP motors, when they actually never get to use the power.

And again, 90HP does not define this motor.  Trail power is largely about torque, not HP.  People underestimate this motor because of the number '90' (apparently 95 in G4)  The 900NA is right there with 600 2-strokes in almost all trail situations due to the big fat 4-stroke torque curve.  The HP gap shows up at top speed - yep, expect 10 or 15 mph less on an NA vs a good 600 2-stroke.

#333 mile9c1

mile9c1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts
  • Sled:Poo

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

The 900NA is right there with 600 2-strokes in almost all trail situations due to the big fat 4-stroke torque curve.

Again I disagree completely. The 900 in stock form is far from a torque monster. Only way it hangs with a 600 is if the speed limit is 45 mph.

Try a 1200 or a Vector if you want to see what people are referring to when they say 4-strokes are "torque monsters". Once you get back on the 900 and you'll realize what you've been missing.

Again I am only comparing stock sleds. Not ones that have been modified outside of BRP's design specifications.

#334 origYeti

origYeti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Sled:2020 Renegade Enduro 900 ACE

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Again I disagree completely. The 900 in stock form is far from a torque monster. Only way it hangs with a 600 is if the speed limit is 45 mph.

Try a 1200 or a Vector if you want to see what people are referring to when they say 4-strokes are "torque monsters". Once you get back on the 900 and you'll realize what you've been missing.

Again I am only comparing stock sleds. Not ones that have been modified outside of BRP's design specifications.

I own a Vector. Love it. Love my ACE way more in the trails.

#335 Cabinflyer

Cabinflyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Sled:2016 Yamaha Viper 2021 Renegade XRS 900T

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

Are you referring to a Vector with the 1049? If yes, I got a 2016 Viper with the same engine. 900ACE pulls right with it....although it seems more tame because its so quiet. Both sleds have same track and stock.

#336 stevo9

stevo9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Sled:2022 MXZ XRS 600R

Posted Today, 07:17 AM

Are you referring to a Vector with the 1049? If yes, I got a 2016 Viper with the same engine. 900ACE pulls right with it....although it seems more tame because its so quiet. Both sleds have same track and stock.

Viper is down on performance compared to the Vector due to the horseshoe exhaust path needed to fit the engine into the Cat chassis from what I recall.
Past sleds:
1979 John Deere Spitfire
1997 MXZ 670
2002 MXZ 600
2006 MXZ 600
2013 MXZ X 600
2016 MXZ X 600
2019 MXZ XRS 600R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users