29 replies to this topic

#1 Baker85

Baker85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Sled:2020 900 Ace Turbo

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:39 PM

How does the oxygen helmet work with glasses. I have to buy a new one and was considering bv2 or the oxygen helmets. Which one would be the best. Money does not matter.

#2 x-treme

x-treme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8789 posts
  • Interests:snowmobiling,motorcycling,golf
  • Sled:09 1200 GSX LE - 2016 1200 mxzx

•    

Posted 02 May 2021 - 07:09 PM

https://sledmagazine...quest_locale=en

#3 Pit Grunt

Pit Grunt

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8751 posts
  • Interests:ADMIN
  • Sled:2020 900 ACE Renegade DOOTALK sled

Posted 02 May 2021 - 08:11 PM

If you do a search you will find all kinds of info.  From me, mine worked great with glasses. You have to keep them warm.

WE RIDE !!!

#4 sno_mo_racer

sno_mo_racer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Sled:...

Posted 02 May 2021 - 08:43 PM

Agreed. Discussed many, many times. Search function works great here. Or PitGrunt can merge your topic with one of them as he does often.

Sent from my Post-It pad via CanadaPost. (5 days ago)

#5 namakan

namakan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Sled:17' TNT 900 Ace, 18' 600 Ace Sport

Posted 02 May 2021 - 09:55 PM

I preferred the Modular helmet when I wore glasses for the ease of not having to take your glasses off when putting helmet on/off. Got contacts a few years ago and will never go back to glasses if I can help it.

#6 74Craig

74Craig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28422 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,craft beers,beer,
    Racing
  • Sled:2022 Enduro 600

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:21 AM

How does the oxygen helmet work with glasses. I have to buy a new one and was considering bv2 or the oxygen helmets. Which one would be the best. Money does not matter.

Best helmet ever for glasses.Have had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 6100D

6100D

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 3435 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,Hunting,Fishing,Beer,My Wife, not in that order though>>>
  • Sled:Rupp

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:56 AM

If you do a search you will find all kinds of info.  From me, mine worked great with glasses. You have to keep them warm.

Best helmet ever for glasses.Have had no issues.

^^^^^^What they said>>>>>>This Helmet will not disappoint at all if used properly>>>>>This helmet for me is the first year that I have used it this last winter and was great to use>>>Also I feel as if this helmet is very communicator friendly also>>>>

" Age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying you."

"If you haven't grown up by age 60,You don't have to."

#8 BackcountryBruce

BackcountryBruce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:Back Country Snowmobiling, GPS Navigation, Sea Kayaking
  • Sled:2019 Summit X 850

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:09 AM

I had to give up my contacts and go back to glasses, so after reading all the posts on Doo Talk, I decided to try the Oxygen Helmet. The helmet is lighter then most and has great vision qualities, the sun visor is always ready to use and is frost free. Wearing prescription glasses, you have to use all the tricks of starting with visor partially open to almost closed to keep glasses from fogging. I have a short season on mine with only 2700 kilometers this season, I have not been able to completely close it without a glasses fogging issue. To clarify, it is closed but not locked close, I have to have some air infiltration to keep glasses from fogging. It is a very comfortable helmet and when trail riding it is as warm without a balaclava as you will need. When off trail riding aggressively, it is very warm. It is not a perfect helmet and does not do everything it claims to do, but it does do the job for me.   

#9 bossboy

bossboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the Snow, Sand, Water, Dirt
  • Sled:2021 Renegade XRS 900T

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:26 AM

^^^ What BC Bruce said. My biggest complaint is in the really cold weather, its hard to snap the shield open and shut while riding.   I plan to buy the new chin curtain and hopefully that helps a little and I'll be able to just keep the shield closed. 

2021 XRS 900T    2018.5 MXZ 600r    2017 Renegade 850    2009 50th E-tech 600

#10 bossboy

bossboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the Snow, Sand, Water, Dirt
  • Sled:2021 Renegade XRS 900T

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:08 AM

^^^^^^What they said>>>>>>This Helmet will not disappoint at all if used properly>>>>>This helmet for me is the first year that I have used it this last winter and was great to use>>>Also I feel as if this helmet is very communicator friendly also>>>>

I use the UClear in mine and had to remove all the NCS system because it was too tight with it and made putting the glasses on easier without the ear pod cups.

Edited by bossboy, 03 May 2021 - 08:17 AM.

2021 XRS 900T    2018.5 MXZ 600r    2017 Renegade 850    2009 50th E-tech 600

#11 snowrage

snowrage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling , Motorcycling & Side X Sides
  • Sled:2019 Renegade XRS 900T

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:09 AM

I have the Oxygen helmet and I don't care what anybody says if you wear glasses they can and will fog up . The helmet lens does a very good job of not fogging but your glasses will still fog.  The best helmet I ever had of not fogging your glasses was the BRP modular with the mask that deflects the breathing air out of the helmet . Last winter I bought another new BRP Modular III helmet . Still wear both helmets at different times , Oxygen if it's warmer out , because then it doesn't fog your glasses as bad . Love the vision capabilities of the Oxygen but glasses do fog . But I really like my Modular III because glasses don't fog at all and when you stop can easily flip the front up to have a conversation . Honestly can't tell you a thing about the BV2 helmet because I've never owned one . Like the lad before me said the Oxygen isn't the perfect helmet and the worst thing about the Modular is when you stop and go to put that cold rubber mast back on against your face it's freezing . As for some people they just can't stand having that mast pressing against their face , myself I don't mind it at all . One other thing I really do like about the Oxygen helmet is the wind deflector on the bottom front half of the helmet, all winter helmets should have that option .

#12 74Craig

74Craig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28422 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling,craft beers,beer,
    Racing
  • Sled:2022 Enduro 600

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:23 AM

I have the Oxygen helmet and I don't care what anybody says if you wear glasses they can and will fog up . The helmet lens does a very good job of not fogging but your glasses will still fog. The best helmet I ever had of not fogging your glasses was the BRP modular with the mask that deflects the breathing air out of the helmet . Last winter I bought another new BRP Modular III helmet . Still wear both helmets at different times , Oxygen if it's warmer out , because then it doesn't fog your glasses as bad . Love the vision capabilities of the Oxygen but glasses do fog . But I really like my Modular III because glasses don't fog at all and when you stop can easily flip the front up to have a conversation . Honestly can't tell you a thing about the BV2 helmet because I've never owned one . Like the lad before me said the Oxygen isn't the perfect helmet and the worst thing about the Modular is when you stop and go to put that cold rubber mast back on against your face it's freezing . As for some people they just can't stand having that mast pressing against their face , myself I don't mind it at all . One other thing I really do like about the Oxygen helmet is the wind deflector on the bottom front half of the helmet, all winter helmets should have that option .

Mine have never fogged up 3 seasons on it

Edited by 74Craig, 03 May 2021 - 09:25 AM.

#13 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2859 posts
  • Sled:340 Indy lite

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:35 PM

500 dollar pile of junk. Best shelf helmet I've ever owned.
Fogs and fogs and fogs with a crazy glare with led lights at night. Accident waiting to happen.
Otherwise its a great helmet...

#14 G-Doo13

G-Doo13

So very close

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6916 posts
  • Interests:Any thing outdoors, hunting, fishing, camping in BWCA, and braaaping
  • Sled:2021 Adrenaline 900T

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:52 PM

500 dollar pile of junk. Best shelf helmet I've ever owned.
Fogs and fogs and fogs with a crazy glare with led lights at night. Accident waiting to happen.
Otherwise its a great helmet...

Should’ve got a Mission ...
I’m happy with mine no fog or glare only on the shelf when not in use

#15 weds

weds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sled:21 Back Country XRS

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:02 PM

My Oxygen helmet did not work well with my glasses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users