Upgraded front suspension 03 Rev - REV Chassis - Performance and Trail Models - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Upgraded front suspension 03 Rev

suspension shocks a arms ball joints suspension kit ski leg

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Inslane35

Inslane35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sled:2003 mxz 800r sport

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:18 AM

Hi all,

New to the page and first time poster. I Have an 03 Rev 800r, after a accident in the beginning of January due to the failure of a lower ball joint, I ended replacing a bunch of parts. Upper and lower a arms, steering rods, that I found on Facebook marketplace. I bought new upper ball joints, and Kimpex lower ball joints. After I assembled the sled I rode it the rest of the season and it rides like new. Now here's my issue, the Kimpex lower ball joints sit a high, making the snap ring not sit flush with the top of the lower A arm. How I solved this issue is rig up a steel spacer to put underneath the A arm making the snap ring sit flush like it should. My issue is it eats at me on the trail that its going to fail again. So I was wondering if any you have any upgraded front suspension kits on your sleds? I see LeaderRPM has some but none that fit the older revs. Where would you recommend getting ball joints? Any recommendations are Helpful.

Thanks!

#2 smurfy71

smurfy71

That's probably sarcasm.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20523 posts
  • Sled:16 1200 Renegade X

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:28 AM

Al's has some:

https://www.alssnowm...1422&pl_Exact=1

2016 1200 Renegade X

2005 MXZ 500ss

2004 600HO SDI (For Sale)
94 MX 470

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suspension, shocks, a arms, ball joints, suspension kit, ski leg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users