Racing a 2004 Rev. 600 in SNOCROSS am I crazy? Build Suggestions!& - REV Chassis - Performance and Trail Models - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Racing a 2004 Rev. 600 in SNOCROSS am I crazy? Build Suggestions!&

Rev renegade snocross racing mxz 2004 skid reinforce build bracing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PEDERSON1277

PEDERSON1277

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sled:2004 Skidoo Renegade 600 SDI X

Posted 19 April 2021 - 03:33 PM

Folks, 

Not new to DooTalk here but a first time poster, I have what I think is a pretty interesting undertaking and would like the communities input! 

Long story short I am taking a 2004 Renegade-X 600 and racing it in a local Snocross series for 2022. I would like to make some modifications to the sled so that it is a little more enjoyable on track and most of my "Build List" I believe will translate to a better off trail experience as well. 

My thoughts.. 

Bulkhead Brace kit

Bracing plates for the front skid mount bolts

Heavy duty rear torsion springs

Rear torsion spacers

HyGear suspension dual rate spring kits for the X Package shocks up front 

21T drive gear 

Skinz seat (for weight and ergos) 

Different primary spring

C&A Pros 

Grip strips for the runners 

Y-Pipe (I've been told the stockers are a problem) 

Silencer (Because BRAAP) 

and the rest is all bars and bling...

What I am most in need of (know the least about) is suggestions for a good middle ground clutch setup for on a track and just hard ditch banging and any bracing I can do to the skid so I don't just bend it all to hell. 

Thanks folks! I think worst case I wreck a bunch of stuff and have a blast doing so lol. 

#2 Mach189

Mach189

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16788 posts
  • Interests:ice fishing, R/C racing, photography
  • Sled:89 Mach1, 05 500ss, 20 Gade 600ace

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:00 PM

I’d just look for a used RS. XP/XS or Gen4.

Edited by Mach189, 21 April 2021 - 03:07 PM.

#3 Mach189

Mach189

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16788 posts
  • Interests:ice fishing, R/C racing, photography
  • Sled:89 Mach1, 05 500ss, 20 Gade 600ace

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:03 PM

And I think you’ll need a slipper gear added to your Rev.

#4 Inslane35

Inslane35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sled:2003 mxz 800r sport

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:30 AM

What is your plan for the front suspension system? I see the shocks, but are you planning on changing the A arms, steering rods, upper and lower ball joints, and ski legs? I'm in the same boat as you are trying to upgrade a old sled. Just having a hard time finding a suspension system.

#5 Koreyk125

Koreyk125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1126 posts
  • Sled:20 XRS 600

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

Before you get to excited and start spending money make sure you read the rule book for your local race organization and reach out to the race promotor.  A lot of the mods you talked about above will make this sled not eligible for the stock classes.  I have been out of the game for a bit now but looking at the things you listed (suspension) changes may not be allowed in any class.    The 04 models typically do not qualifiy for the ditch banger classes as its a few years to new.  Read your rule book before your credit card comes out.

21 MXZ XRS 850 (Black) 

21 MXZ 600 efi

20 MXZ XRS 600 (Yellow/)

98 MXZ 440F 

89 Ski-Doo Escapade 

77 RV (Factory Drag Sled)
69 Olympic 340

#6 PEDERSON1277

PEDERSON1277

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sled:2004 Skidoo Renegade 600 SDI X

Posted 30 April 2021 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the replies, anyone have a link to that slipper gear? If not I will look for one myself. Inslane35 as far as the front end I am not going to change the stock parts out just the spring upgrade and skis and we'll see what happens to Koreyk's point I am not sure swapping the front end for an MXZ-X for example would be legal. ALSO thanks for the class rules concern I have spoken with tech and in the class I am participating in this is all legal, I believe you guys are referring to the AMSOIL ditch banger rules and that is not what I am after doing. What I am after this is about as far as a guy can go when it comes to clutching and drive just a couple simple swaps. Anyone know an effective way or kit to brace the skid?? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rev, renegade, snocross, racing, mxz, 2004, skid, reinforce, build, bracing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users