Last week on a long day in warm temps and heavy snow my sled started acting up.
1st- sled would die after maybe 30 seconds of idle.
2nd- there was a delay in the throttle. Nothing would happen unless I pumped it a few times, and then it would slowly pic up the revs.
3rd- The dash would beep, and give me a "low oil" warning.
4th- The dash would read "rev limit", and not allow me to rev above roughly 4500prm.
Of course the first thing I did was check the oil, which was fine. We made our way to camp, with me shutting the sled off every couple of minutes, after which the sled would run normally for a brief period of time.
First thing we did once we got to camp was unplug the sensor. Sled worked fine after that, but was leaking oil from the sensor. Plugging it back it, I thought it was fixed, because it worked fine, but that only lasted about 5 minutes the next day.
Finally, we went back to camp, pulled the sensor, cleaned it up and filled it with JB Weld. I wrapped the plug in tape, and left it like that, and it worked perfectly for the rest of the trip.
The sensors are on back order, so it'll be a little while before I can replace it. I imagine I'll throw the old one in my tool kit to have on had in case this every happens again to my sled or someone else I'm travelling with.