#1 yammie for now

yammie for now

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Sled:2020 expy se 900

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:04 AM

has anyone on here tackled the fuel filters on the gen4 and is there much difference in the changing process compared to the xu

#2 outlandermax500

outlandermax500

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Sled:2020 Expedition SE 900 ACE

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:46 AM

has anyone on here tackled the fuel filters on the gen4 and is there much difference in the changing process compared to the xu

Fuel filter is an inline filter  just in front of the tank .

#3 yammie for now

yammie for now

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:52 AM

Fuel filter is an inline filter  just in front of the tank .

so doesn't have the sock filter now?

#4 outlandermax500

outlandermax500

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Sled:2020 Expedition SE 900 ACE

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:03 AM

so doesn't have the sock filter now?

Ya still got the screen inside tank ..thats looking at the parts breakdown

Part 300a in breakdown

300a 415130069 Gas Filter $43.99 CAD

inline filter

500b 513033719 Filter $24.99 CAD stock_high.gifAvailable

Edited by outlandermax500, 08 April 2021 - 10:08 AM.

• yammie for now likes this

#5 broncoformudv

broncoformudv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:sleds, boats, trucks, hunting, fishing
  • Sled:2006 Summit 800 X 154

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:46 AM

Yes still has the sock and the screen on the regulator.  Seems like some of the parts diagrams do not show the sock on the Gen4's but they are still there.

2018 Expedition SWT 900 ACE

2015 Expedition SE 900 ACE

2015 Summit 800 154

2006 Summit 800X 154

2006 Summit 800X 151

1997 Skandic 500

#6 CanGadeX

CanGadeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Sled:2015 Skidoo Renagade X

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:01 PM

I just changed the sock in my 1200 which should be similar and is a chore. The sled was near naked to remove the tank and get the fuel pump assembly out. But was close to 2hrs which includes removal and reinstall of all panels.

#7 AKDoug

AKDoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Sled:2021ExpySWT900ACE, 2013 Summit X 163

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:27 AM

I've been into mine twice.. I tried to make a video but I'm having technical difficulties. The long and short of it is this: Remove front plastics, remove battery and rear box/frame, remove the plastics on top of the tank (get that plastic nut off the filler neck), remove the frame supports alongside the tank (two T40 screws at the bottom of each), two 10mm headed bolts at the top. Slide tank back slightly and reach up in front of it and disconnect the electrical connection on the front of the tank, reach up in the same area and remove the 8mm headed bolt that holds the fuel line into the tank, pull out the fuel line. Tank is now free. Stand on end. You'll see a metal snap ring holding the pump in. Remove it and remove the pump. Unplug the wire from the sending unit and remove the wire from the wire holders. Carefully, using a very small screwdriver, pop the three tabs that hold the housing together. Inside will be the filter sock and it's easy to see how to replace it.  My son is fast at this.. 45 minutes in and out.. It takes me an hour.  If I figure out the video difficulties I'll have a video outlining the whole process. While the tank is out you have super easy access to the inline fuel filter. 

• tmacneil , yammie for now and exp1200 like this

#8 yammie for now

yammie for now

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:40 AM

I've been into mine twice.. I tried to make a video but I'm having technical difficulties. The long and short of it is this: Remove front plastics, remove battery and rear box/frame, remove the plastics on top of the tank (get that plastic nut off the filler neck), remove the frame supports alongside the tank (two T40 screws at the bottom of each), two 10mm headed bolts at the top. Slide tank back slightly and reach up in front of it and disconnect the electrical connection on the front of the tank, reach up in the same area and remove the 8mm headed bolt that holds the fuel line into the tank, pull out the fuel line. Tank is now free. Stand on end. You'll see a metal snap ring holding the pump in. Remove it and remove the pump. Unplug the wire from the sending unit and remove the wire from the wire holders. Carefully, using a very small screwdriver, pop the three tabs that hold the housing together. Inside will be the filter sock and it's easy to see how to replace it.  My son is fast at this.. 45 minutes in and out.. It takes me an hour.  If I figure out the video difficulties I'll have a video outlining the whole process. While the tank is out you have super easy access to the inline fuel filter. 

a video would be awesome

#9 AKDoug

AKDoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Sled:2021ExpySWT900ACE, 2013 Summit X 163

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:28 AM

a video would be awesome

Putting it in it's own thread here in a moment. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users