#16 CanGadeX

CanGadeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Sled:2015 Skidoo Renagade X

Posted 11 April 2021 - 06:07 AM

Large air pillows work well in underfilled large cargo boxes. I keep things I use most in the smaller box on mine anyway. Also, not everyone likes black.

I would of preferred the red and black but not available in the 2022. It now has titanium/black and dont like that color. I was thinking on adding red accents to the all black sled or purchasing a used red/black.

#17 08SWT

08SWT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts
  • Interests:Photography, snowmobiling
  • Sled:2021 Expedition Xtreme

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:26 AM

I would of preferred the red and black but not available in the 2022. It now has titanium/black and dont like that color. I was thinking on adding red accents to the all black sled or purchasing a used red/black.

Yea, my 2018 Skandic was black  plus it had those jigsaw pieces for a hood. You can always paint parts of it. I like the red/black in my new Extreme and like the new tan/black they have. A 2 year old can open my hood in one minute now.

Previous sleds, oldest first;

Yamaha Exiter

Polaris Widetrack GT

Tundra

2008 SWT Skandic 550f fan

2018 SWT Skandic 600 Etec

#18 AKDoug

AKDoug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Sled:2021ExpySWT900ACE, 2013 Summit X 163

Posted 11 April 2021 - 12:00 PM

Sorry, I guess I need to take reading lessons, I mistakenly thought you said you did not like the way the 2 up seat removes from the expedition. I was thinking to my self that seems to be the best removable 2 up seat I have ever seen. Thought I would be nice and ask a question instead of saying "what the hell,  its a great seat"  I have added the large box to my extreme it is cavernous . Make sure you find a system to hold things down when the box is not full,  I have not filled it yet. Partly due to the fact I have not been able to leave NS, so zero big mile trips.

That all black se looks very impressive. I don't think you will regret that decision.

Big rear boxes can be a pain if not full. Might as well carry something useful in there to keep things completely full, so I carry a stuff sack full of a change of clothes and outer clothes or a sleeping bag in a heavy duty stuff sack. 

#19 CanGadeX

CanGadeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Sled:2015 Skidoo Renagade X

Posted 11 April 2021 - 12:32 PM

With my wife on back, no worries of filling up that container of a trunk! 😆 Just myself on it, I would simply use the under 2up seat storage and maybe a medium Linq bag on the back. Its nice you can mount the Linq adapters to fit the 16” tunnel gear that I have.

Edited by CanGadeX, 11 April 2021 - 12:33 PM.

#20 08SWT

08SWT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2611 posts
  • Interests:Photography, snowmobiling
  • Sled:2021 Expedition Xtreme

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

I topped mine off with a down sleeping bag and an army surplus gortex bivy bag.

Previous sleds, oldest first;

Yamaha Exiter

Polaris Widetrack GT

Tundra

2008 SWT Skandic 550f fan

2018 SWT Skandic 600 Etec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users