How to replace throttle cable - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

How to replace throttle cable

Throttle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patrickkiddak

patrickkiddak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Sled:2014 Summit SP 800R

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:17 AM

I have a 2014 Summit SP 800 R and am trying to replace the throttle cable. The maintenance manual doesn’t give much information on how to access the throttle actuator where the cable mounts on the engine. It is buried enough under the actuator bracket for it not to be a simple swap and swap out. Can anyone give a tip or two on how much disassembly is required to replace the throttle cable?

Edited by patrickkiddak, 06 April 2021 - 05:52 AM.

#2 daking

daking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Sled:2011 Freeride

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:23 AM

Just have to remove the secondary air box and it's right there. Need 2 10 mm wrenches to loosen it off the bracket and then you have to rotate the throttle body to release the cable. That's the toughest part, then to get it back on as well.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

#3 AKRideNMine

AKRideNMine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Sled:Skidoo 600 HO SDI

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:31 PM

Just have to remove the secondary air box and it's right there. Need 2 10 mm wrenches to loosen it off the bracket and then you have to rotate the throttle body to release the cable. That's the toughest part, then to get it back on as well.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The 800r carbed has an oil lever cable, which is pretty hard to reach to release because it is under the engine. I have heard it can be done with a long needle nose, but i haven't tried it myself.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users