Crank bearing greasing - REV Chassis - Performance and Trail Models - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Crank bearing greasing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Breks

Breks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Sled:2003 mxz 600ho

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:59 AM

New to the forum. I have a 2003 ski doo 600HO. Im looking at greasing the crank bearings come end of season. Is this an easy task? Any useful tips and tricks i should know before doing so? Any help would be much appreciated as im completely new to ski doos.

#2 Gordo427

Gordo427

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • Sled:Mxz800 mxz600 ho mzx600 Sdi 850 renagade

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:45 PM

Yes it’s easy I don’t remember on a 2003 if you have the retainer plate holding the seal in. Pop seal off on pto side use cotton swab to get old grease out then repack it. I usually put my new seal in freezer i also made a tool out of pcv and a big washer with clutch bolt to push it back in sometimes there hard to get in smoothly. Mag side pull recoil then flywheel the.n take two bolts out of stator and I use a syringe to squirt grease in the second bolt you took out release extra grease so when it comes out you know you put enough in

#3 Breks

Breks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the reply. Ive come across a couple posts somewhere saying that the sport models require you to split the case to replace the seal and grease the bearings. I have not removed my clutch yet, but it doesnt look like i have the plate over the seal.

#4 smurfy71

smurfy71

Not good with advice, how's a sarcastic comment?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19378 posts
  • Sled:04 600HO SDI, 05 MXZ 500ss

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 AM

2004 600HO SDI
2005 MXZ 500ss
94 MX 470

I have the 2004 service manual in pdf, ask for a link if you need it.
Nun replacement (service bulletin)

#5 Breks

Breks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 01:42 PM

Just got my hands on a service manual. Does not look like the video showed above is the same as my model. Looks as if the case must be split to remove and replace the seal.

#6 smurfy71

smurfy71

Not good with advice, how's a sarcastic comment?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19378 posts
  • Sled:04 600HO SDI, 05 MXZ 500ss

Posted Today, 02:44 PM

Just got my hands on a service manual. Does not look like the video showed above is the same as my model. Looks as if the case must be split to remove and replace the seal.

I couldn't find a video for an older sled, but the difference, I believe, is that you don't have the retaining plate.  I know guys have put a screw or 2 in the seal (careful not to go too deep and damage the bearing) and then pulled the screws to get the seal out.  Of course you need to replace with a new seal.  Then press the new seal in using equal pressure on all sides.  This is where the pvc pipe and clutch bolt come in.

2004 600HO SDI
2005 MXZ 500ss
94 MX 470

I have the 2004 service manual in pdf, ask for a link if you need it.
Nun replacement (service bulletin)

#7 Breks

Breks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 06:16 PM

Okay, good to know. Just didnt want to pull the old seal out and not be able to put a new one in. Engine has 6000km since rebuild so i think its due for greasing.

#8 AKRideNMine

AKRideNMine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Sled:Skidoo 600 HO SDI

Posted Today, 06:31 PM

I just greased the clutch side seal on my 2008 800r and there was still some whitish grease in it. It has 3k miles and I don't think it had ever been changed. It wasn't low or spraying grease, and the grease that wasn't white was a light black.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users