21 transfer amount - REV-GEN 4 - MXZ Performance Trail 129/ Renegade 137 - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

21 transfer amount

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2797 posts
  • Sled:340 Indy lite

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:21 PM

Anyone finding a good trick to make the 21 x suspension transfer. Been all over the map trying to get some hook up, no real success. Sled is slowish because of said reason. So far I'd take the old rmotion back.
Spent the day switching back in forth between years and what a negative it has been owning the x.
Great trail sled don't get me wrong, just slow and slightly boring without significant transfer.
So speak up if you have a secret.

#2 xdude

xdude

I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1265 posts
  • Sled:2021 RenXRS 850, 17x 850, 17 Blizz 600

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:44 PM

I’m with you on this. I moved mine to the more transfer position and I like it there better. But man when I jump on my ‘17 it’s like putting on and old shoe. 

#3 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2797 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:18 PM

I’m with you on this. I moved mine to the more transfer position and I like it there better. But man when I jump on my ‘17 it’s like putting on and old shoe.

For sure. It affects power delivery alot. Today I put down trenches all over the gaylod area.. the old skid just squats and goes.
Was thinking about modified rubber stopper for the transfer blocks. Seems like the best place to start as of now.

#4 xpsllho

xpsllho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Sled:2004 xpsll 600ho

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:28 PM

What about longer limiter strap? I also hate how much it spins vs hooks and goes. 

#5 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2797 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:48 PM

What about longer limiter strap? I also hate how much it spins vs hooks and goes.

It has alot of slack, so I dismissed it as a possibility. But you may be on to something. Pull it off to see how much more travel the front shock has left for travel. Be worth the time to know.
I did tighten it one hole at first looking for more top speed. Certainly the wrong direction for transfer, mixed with the 25 tooth it was a spin fest through 80 on a ice rd with new studs.
Only way it transfers well so far, stand all the way to the back like a retard... it will transfer at that point, just not practical.

#6 xdude

xdude

I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1265 posts
  • Sled:2021 RenXRS 850, 17x 850, 17 Blizz 600

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:11 PM

For sure. It affects power delivery alot. Today I put down trenches all over the gaylod area.. the old skid just squats and goes.
Was thinking about modified rubber stopper for the transfer blocks. Seems like the best place to start as of now.

Im assuming you are on 1 with your blocks at this point?  If you’re thinking of modifying the rubbers, why not just remove them?

#7 ren

ren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Sled:21 MXZ XRS 850 Titanium & Red

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:49 PM

What track do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 calrcn

calrcn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Sled:07 800ho gade with RKT dropin kit

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

Storm 150 and mega bites helps the 0-106 on the speedo with my 21 renegade xrs. It is the handling in the tight woods that sucks is the reason I have put my 2000 miles this year on my 2020 and only 1650 between me and my wife on the 21. The changes may have helped the super highway corners but it just won’t pivot like my 2020.

#9 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2797 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:12 AM

Im assuming you are on 1 with your blocks at this point? If you’re thinking of modifying the rubbers, why not just remove them?

On one for sure. Was a good trick on the xp chassis, you could flip the rubbers out of the way while still bolted. Was going to remove half the rubber thickness to start.

#10 Json

Json

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 1282 posts
  • Sled:2021 Mxz XRS 850

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:10 AM

Remember Bill Cudney said to grind of a couple mm's and drill a new hole for the rubber stopper, that was on the Rev chassis. Might still work.

#11 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2797 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:38 AM

Maybe brp will market and sell a transfer kit for those who find there sleds to be boring to ride now. Certainly not a good future selling point so far.
Some pretty smart guys here, just trying to drum up what needs to happen moving forward to add the excitement back to this sled. Low snow at home has made it difficult to try new things so far.

#12 djm

djm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13997 posts
  • Sled:09 700HO TNT, 11 Summit 770HO, 850 Sum X

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:13 AM

Maybe brp will market and sell a transfer kit for those who find there sleds to be boring to ride now. Certainly not a good future selling point so far.
Some pretty smart guys here, just trying to drum up what needs to happen moving forward to add the excitement back to this sled. Low snow at home has made it difficult to try new things so far.

You have to raise the front mounting point.  Or lower the rear, of the front arm staying on the same arc  or radius of the arm.  Moving the front bracket is probably pretty straight forward, adding a third hole in the rail might take a bit more ingenuity.  You have to raise the instant center the skid works around, to plant the track harder.

#13 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2797 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

Pulled the coupling block rubbers, on a quick measure I see no real gains at that end. Maybe 2mm before you can hear and feel the springs not being happy as you force travel.

#14 RAB123

RAB123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1127 posts
  • Sled:Elan

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:07 PM

You have to raise the front mounting point.  Or lower the rear, of the front arm staying on the same arc  or radius of the arm.  Moving the front bracket is probably pretty straight forward, adding a third hole in the rail might take a bit more ingenuity.  You have to raise the instant center the skid works around, to plant the track harder.

How far up you think to notice a difference ?

I wonder can you un couple the rear susp ?

#15 Jeb©

Jeb©

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8317 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Snowmobiling
  • Sled:2021 850 XRS 129, 2020 600r

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:30 PM

Anyone finding a good trick to make the 21 x suspension transfer. Been all over the map trying to get some hook up, no real success. Sled is slowish because of said reason. So far I'd take the old rmotion back.
Spent the day switching back in forth between years and what a negative it has been owning the x.
Great trail sled don't get me wrong, just slow and slightly boring without significant transfer.
So speak up if you have a secret.

interesting, my 21 transfers so well in the high transfer position I am tempted to set it back to the low transfer. limiter stock, heavier tender ctr,300psi ctr and rears springs on 2. Love this rear skid.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." � Thomas Jefferson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users