Old Papa Smurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, street rodding, fabricating
  • Sled:2002 Sik-Doo Legend 700GT

Posted 10 February 2021 - 03:31 PM

Just curious, has anyone been ticketed for having 3 or 4 people that do not live in the same household but in the same vehicle been ticketed while heading north to sled?

Has anyone here been ticketed for being on an OFSC trail, but they're not from that zone?

For that matter, has anyone on here been ticketed for any Covid related crime?

I don't mean "my sister's brother-in-law works with a guy who's father-in-law's friend knows a guy that got a ticket" First person only. Asking for a friend

#2 John Bartley

John Bartley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, antique tube radios, large format film photography, small engine repair
  • Sled:2014 Skandic SWT 600ACE

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:13 PM

Just curious, has anyone been ticketed for having 3 or 4 people that do not live in the same household but in the same vehicle been ticketed while heading north to sled?

Has anyone here been ticketed for being on an OFSC trail, but they're not from that zone?

I don't mean "my sister's brother-in-law works with a guy who's father-in-law's friend knows a guy that got a ticket" First person only. Asking for a friend

Given that being in a different health unit is NOT in the emergency order .... why would there be any tickets?

And, given that the OPP has stated that they are NOT stopping vehicles to enforce distancing ..... again ... why would there be any?

And, as long as you're distancing, wearing masks in stores and gas stations, and getting home within 24 hours ... why would there be any?

#3 JayC

JayC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Ski-doo
    Harley-Davidson
    Dodge
  • Sled:2017 Renegade X 850

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:20 PM

come'on, why are we going here?......we are a few days away from this all being lifted. Just go ride. geezus

Sleds:

2017 Ski-doo Renegade X 850

2021 Ski-do Renegade 600 EFI 

Bikes:
2014 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited

2012 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Iron

Truck:
2019 Ram Sport

and an 81 Vette for fun

"Fail to Plan?, Plan to Fail!"
- that's me!

#4 Old Papa Smurf

Old Papa Smurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, street rodding, fabricating
  • Sled:2002 Sik-Doo Legend 700GT

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:30 PM

Just checking, anxious to get sledding, but hearing so many rumours about tickets. 

#5 JayC

JayC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
    Harley-Davidson
    Dodge

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:40 PM

Just checking, anxious to get sledding, but hearing so many rumours about tickets. 

Understood Papa, but as long as your not riding in a vehicle with people from outside your residence, your good. Other than that, the legislation really doesn't have any enforcement authority. It's just been beaten to death on here and on social media...and I for one am sick of it. Go enjoy the trails. Things are going to open up free and clear in a few days anyway. Life is short, everyone here is smart enough to know what to do. Go sledding and have fun. 

BTW Papa Smurf, we are tied for number of posts.......your it! lol

Sleds:

Bikes:

Truck:
2019 Ram Sport

and an 81 Vette for fun

- that's me!

#6 DOOtym

DOOtym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1610 posts
  • Sled:19 Gade XRS - 08 XP 600

Posted 10 February 2021 - 05:19 PM

Understood Papa, but as long as your not riding in a vehicle with people from outside your residence, your good. Other than that, the legislation really doesn't have any enforcement authority. It's just been beaten to death on here and on social media...and I for one am sick of it. Go enjoy the trails. Things are going to open up free and clear in a few days anyway. Life is short, everyone here is smart enough to know what to do. Go sledding and have fun.
BTW Papa Smurf, we are tied for number of posts.......your it! lol

I think you might want to reread the original post.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Mainway Solutions Greasable Suspension Components

Elka Shocks

Cudney Clutch kit

24/45 Gearing

1.5" Ripsaw 126 Studboy / Superlight Pro backers

Grip-n-Rip Bracing

#7 wileo

wileo

ride hard or die trying

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7789 posts
  • Sled:04 800ho XPS,09 1200 ren x

Posted 10 February 2021 - 05:35 PM

Not sledding but stuck on a trail

https://www.google.c...e-order-3367847

#8 JayC

JayC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
    Harley-Davidson
    Dodge

Posted 10 February 2021 - 05:47 PM

I think you might want to reread the original post.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ya thanks man, I can read. My point is this....if anyone got a ticket for what Old Papa Smurf is asking about (ie: "has anyone been ticketed for having 3 or 4 people that do not live in the same household but in the same vehicle been ticketed while heading north to sled?") then they deserved it. Those regulations were clear. Why do we need to go there? AGAIN

So, it ends there.....what difference does it make? People spout off untruths and rumors' about being ticketed for "offences" that aren't even offences. I got a message from my buddies buddies buddy who was on Mainstreet Ontario unloading his sled and his buddies brother's dentist's mechanic got a ticket from the OPP for being out of health region........ummmm....no, he didn't. 

There is nothing in legislation that allows police to fine people "from out of health region" Those are "recommendations" at best. I assume in North Bay where Dr. No Fun is, they can rely on the trespass to property act (which they can anywhere the trails are deemed closed.) 

Sick of this garbage. Go ride

Sleds:

Bikes:

Truck:
2019 Ram Sport

and an 81 Vette for fun

- that's me!

#9 thinksno

thinksno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Sled:2020 900T XRS and more

Posted 10 February 2021 - 05:48 PM

They deserved every ticket possible. Even if they won't make it to court if challenged

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

#10 Mill

Mill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • Sled:2006 Rev 800

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:35 PM

So to answer your question. No, not I or anyone I know has received a ticket for anything whether or not the points you mentioned are offences.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#11 Hemi-ram

Hemi-ram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Fast groomed trails
  • Sled:2022 X-RS Hyper silver

Posted 11 February 2021 - 07:06 AM

There has been a number of fines issued in the Ottawa area ( west I believe ) just this past weekend for being outside of your health region.

#12 DRJ

DRJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Sled:2016 renegade x

Posted 11 February 2021 - 07:57 AM

Yep; a buddy was just up in covhrane last week with his family and hes from northern ont and got fined $880 for being out of his region and cochrane is just barley out of his region

#13 SledderJack

SledderJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Sled:2018 Renegade Sport 600 (x2)

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:20 AM

People it is not illegal to move between health units, rumours don't count. Individual health units can add restrictions but they cant stop travel with them. That being said Prince Edward and Hastings (Bancroft) are now open but have additional restrictions for out of towners:

• Bookings for accommodation, personal service settings, and dine-in food services shall be accepted only for individuals residing in regions where Stay at Home Order has been lifted (exceptions will include booking accommodation for individuals who are travelling to our region for essential reasons as defined by the Ontario’s Stay at Home Order).
  • Dine-in services shall be limited to 6 people per table.
  • Contact information shall be required for all patrons attending local food service establishments and personal service settings.
  • Retail businesses shall be required to maintain/post a safety plan. Workers and patrons shall and wear appropriate face coverings or PPE.
  • Retail businesses shall not play music at a volume any louder than a normal conversation.
  • Patrons shall not be permitted to line up inside a retail setting, or to line up/congregate outside a retail setting unless they are wearing a face covering and can maintain 2 metres of distance.

For additional information and justification, the complete Class 22 Order is available on our website.

Edited by SledderJack, 11 February 2021 - 08:24 AM.

2018 RENEGADE SPORT 600 (x2)

2004 MXZ X BLAIR MORGAN HO800 - STOLEN AUG 2018

2018 AMERI-LITE 23' CARGO SNOWMOBILE TRAILER

2005 TRITAN DOUBLE SNOWMOBILE TRAILER - STOLEN AUG 2018

#14 John Bartley

John Bartley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, antique tube radios, large format film photography, small engine repair
  • Sled:2014 Skandic SWT 600ACE

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:42 AM

Yep; a buddy was just up in covhrane last week with his family and hes from northern ont and got fined $880 for being out of his region and cochrane is just barley out of his region

I think your buddy BS'd you.  It would be interesting to see that ticket.  The $880 fines are usually given for hanging out in groups.  The police are not stopping people to check if you are in your health unit..

#15 Iron Doogie

Iron Doogie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:sled bike canoe crochet crokinole creemore
  • Sled:20 yellow xrs , 850 summit

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:14 AM

Heading north Monday. I guess we will find out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users