IcutMetl

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9641 posts
  • Interests:Faking coolant leaks
  • Sled:2019 Freeride 154”

Posted 01 February 2021 - 09:31 AM

What sort of lodging is available for sledders in the Kane / Marienville area? Stayed in a private cabin there 6-8 years ago, but don’t recall what there was available for motels. Would like to make a weekend trip from Ohio sometime this season and ride the Kinzua loop.

#2 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6378 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling
    RV'ing
    Traveling
  • Sled:Blizzard 900, TNT 900, Enduro 900

Posted 04 February 2021 - 06:18 AM

Hey...... couple of things. I'm not an expert on the area but I have ridden there over the years,

First, about the closest hotel to Marrienville is the SureStay Hotel / Best Western. I have seen trailers parked there before so there should be room in th parking lot. The trail does not run by the hotel. It would be about a 1/2 mile to where the trail runs through town. If there is a lot of snow, you may be able to run the side of the road. 

If I ride there now I usually do a day trip but back in the day I stayed at hotels in Clarion, PA.... an exit east on I-80. There are a bunch of hotels there but you will be trailering back and forth.

I may be heading up to that general area to ride this weekend. But I was told by a fellow DooTalker that I ride with that you can't make the full 115 mile loop. They closed a section of trail because of construction. He has a camp up near Warren and was riding up there this week.  I'll be talking to him today or tomorrow so I will try to get more details for you. He did say the riding was really good.... which is rare for that area any more the way the winters have been going.

My cousin and I may try to launch near Chapman State Park this weekend. If we do, I will let you know how things look if we go up. Supposed to get a litte warm up today and not sure how much they got up that way.

#3 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6378 posts
    RV'ing
    Traveling

Posted 04 February 2021 - 08:49 AM

Just talked to my buddy.....

He said this section of trail I circled in yellow is closed near the boat launch but he said there are ways around it.

He also said the riding is about is as good as it gets right now in the Allegheny National Forest trails and also Alleghney State Park in NY. It is going to warm up a bit today but then a snow with maybe a little rain mix tonight.

I have reservations up at the Tailwater on Tug Hill this weekend but after riding in the Laurel Mountains yesterday, I am thinking about cancelling today and doing a day trip to Chapman on Saturday early in the morning. I'm thinking it would be less traffic than the Hill and a 2 hour drive versus a 6 hour drive.... especially since I am driving 13 hours next weekend to the western UP.

Chautuaqua is also supposed to be decent now but traffic will be heavy there this weekend. I'd like to go there tomorrow but I already playd hooky yesterday so that may be pushing it.

Attached Images

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

#4 IcutMetl

IcutMetl

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9641 posts
  • Interests:Faking coolant leaks
  • Sled:2019 Freeride 154”

Posted 04 February 2021 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the feedback!  It's tough to scratch the itch right now living in Ohio, without a significant drive.  

#5 Judge64

Judge64

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6378 posts
    RV'ing
    Traveling

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:03 AM

Trust me..... I get it brother..... riding yesterday in the Laurel Mountains and only driving 90 minutes was the shortest I have had in a a few years. Most of my riding is taking 6 hours one-way. 

#6 Kingsville Doo Nut

Kingsville Doo Nut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1116 posts
  • Interests:Ski Doos! Both old and new!
  • Sled:2011 GSX LE 600 E-Tec, 70 TNT 292

Posted 09 June 2021 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback!  It's tough to scratch the itch right now living in Ohio, without a significant drive.  

As a fellow Ohio guy, you speak volumes for both of us.  Your NW, I'm N.E. 

I plan to doo more riding in the Mayville / Chautauqua area in the future.  Here's hoping for a great 2021/2022 season!   :Cheers  :ride:

11 GSX LE 600HO Etec
02 Legend 600 GS
81 Citation 4500e (2 of em!)

78 Carry Boose

77 TnT 340FA

75 Olympique 300
72 Nordic 640ER
70 TNT 292 Black Dot (Slider)
70 Olympic 12/3
70 Ski Boose Mark I
67 Olympique 250
Chrystler Sno Runner (2)