10 replies to this topic

#1 Jhuntsville

Jhuntsville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Sled:900ace

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:32 AM

Hello , wondering if any can shed some light on the trails in Huntsville. They are red . We got snow ? Is Huntsville part of the shut down . Thanks all !

Edited by Jhuntsville, 25 January 2021 - 11:50 AM.

#2 Mill

Mill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts
  • Sled:2006 Rev 800

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:43 PM

Hello , wondering if any can shed some light on the trails in Huntsville. They are red . We got snow ? Is Huntsville part of the shut down . Thanks all !

It is not part of north bay health unit. Most that are closed all cross water, bad year for ice and snow for that matter.

The rest of the trails? Probably not enough snow to cover all the rocks, cross open swamps or just haven't time to get to them yet.

Have u actually checked?Their Facebook seems to be up to date. Screenshot_20210125-124032.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#3 Jhuntsville

Jhuntsville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Sled:900ace

Posted 25 January 2021 - 01:41 PM

Thanks mill for the reply ,

#4 Finesy

Finesy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:GOD, sledding, ice fishing, Lotto 6/49
  • Sled:2004 Skandic Sport 550f

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:10 PM

My wife and I were out on Sunday on OFSC trails in Central Ontario. I refuse to say exactly where, we have enough going on without inviting more people to the area, that don’t live there. We do live there. That being said, there’s either a lot of very big families that snowmobile together, or, people are just plain ignoring the Provincial directives not to gather in large numbers as we saw at many an OFSC trail intersection. Stay apart, stay away, stay at home- stay in your own Health District. Do not come to Huntsville. Corona virus doesn’t need your help. 

#5 Mill

Mill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:58 PM

My wife and I were out on Sunday on OFSC trails in Central Ontario. I refuse to say exactly where, we have enough going on without inviting more people to the area, that don’t live there. We do live there. That being said, there’s either a lot of very big families that snowmobile together, or, people are just plain ignoring the Provincial directives not to gather in large numbers as we saw at many an OFSC trail intersection. Stay apart, stay away, stay at home- stay in your own Health District. Do not come to Huntsville. Corona virus doesn’t need your help.

Yep, watch out it will jump from my helmet into yours.

Don't worry I think you guys did just fine this summer with thousands more enjoying their cottages and camping. How many cases from that? Yep nothing.

Why is everyone so fixated and worried about a few sledders. Is this the new thing to cancel cause we are running out fast.

#6 Rotaryman

Rotaryman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Sled:2018 MXZ-X 850

Posted 25 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

This is the type of behaviour that lead to the North trails being shutdown. I’m not saying it is right but disobeying the stay at home order and congregating in groups risks more trails being shutdown. When I have seen groups at intersections, there have been more than 5 people, helmets off and closer than 6 feet apart. We need to stop this behaviour or more trails will be closed.

#7 Mill

Mill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:41 AM

This is the type of behaviour that lead to the North trails being shutdown. I’m not saying it is right but disobeying the stay at home order and congregating in groups risks more trails being shutdown. When I have seen groups at intersections, there have been more than 5 people, helmets off and closer than 6 feet apart. We need to stop this behaviour or more trails will be closed.

Its been a year of rolling lockdowns and all types of ridiculous bans and you think it will end?

When are you guys going to realize it doesn't matter what you do.

What about the science? Skating is bad in north bay but not anywhere else?

Everything they can ban in the name of public health will be banned,no matter what precautions are taken.

Ask yourself what did the residents of north bay do to get their tobogganing hills and skating rinks closed, was it their poor behavior?

How many tickets were imposed on these poor people.

Were the little kids being bad, screaming in joy too loud as they went down the hill? Probably the only time during the day they were allowed to breathe fresh air.

Well I say shame on them. Get back inside now.

It would be nice if for once people blamed the government for their complete and utter failure.

Here's a nice pic for you. Think about this while you are banned from sliding down a hill in remote northern Ontario.
Screenshot_20210126-080531.jpg

#8 fred1200

fred1200

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Water skiing, going fast
  • Sled:16 1200 Blizzard

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:17 AM

I think we should stop even mentioning the get togethers on the trails. Nothing good  will come out of it or lots of bad can.

#9 Kurt'sEtec

Kurt'sEtec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on my sled, I'm having a good day.
  • Sled:2015 Rene X 600Etec

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:46 AM

Everyone in that Bus picture is wearing the all mighty mask,  clearly the chance of spreading the virus is minimal in that case...

I came to the realization that it doesn't matter what we do or don't do, the focus from the start has been and will remain on the hospital load  / health care system.  When covid cases are high and overrun the hospitals and treatment centres they close stuff down, when it's low and cases or slowing they open things up. It's never been about stoping Covid, just slowing the spread. Whether you agree or disagree with Lockdowns, and Closures, they will help control the spread. If fewer people or in one place, less people can get the virus = simple. I'm not saying the way the Government is choosing to do that limiting is the best ethical ways too, but "scare tactics" work on some people, and in the end they get the result they want, folks staying home.

Nothing will be back to normal until the Province hits herd immunity, and the virus basically goes does dormant as it runs out of new people to contract and spread it. Herd immunity take north of 60% of a population having resistance to the virus.( depends on the virus.) So you either get the virus and develop the antibodies, or get the Vaccine... Last I checked with the vaccine numbers and total number of cases so far in Ontario we sit likely around 1-2% haha. with untested persons in the mix maybe 5%. 

Will stuff open again around Feb11th, maybe, depends if the hospitals have caught up. Will things close 3-4 weeks after that again once cases ramp back up? Yes, get used to this pattern. 

#10 Old Papa Smurf

Old Papa Smurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Sledding, street rodding, fabricating
  • Sled:2002 Sik-Doo Legend 700GT

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:37 AM

OK, what's the scoop on Huntsville trails after Tuesday. If I understand it right North Bay and Parry Sound remain closed? What about Du-Ya-Wanna trails? Fingers crossed here. Will the travel ban be lifted? Thanks, asking for a friend.

#11 JVP

JVP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2386 posts
  • Sled:Several Sleds in the stable

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:18 AM

Anything north of Trail 85 will remain closed until at least Feb 22nd because that’s the line north of which is the NB Parry Sound health unit.
‘20 XRS 850 Renegade Black
‘15 XRS 800 Renegade Black
‘18 Renegade Sport 600
‘00 Mach Z Millennium #268
‘94 Mach 1
‘93 Plus
‘92 Mach 1 X # 0100
‘91 MX
‘90 MX
'90 Plus LT
‘90 Mach 1
‘90 340 Sport (RIP)