FriskyFreeride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Sled:2020 Freeride 154”

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:57 PM

[quote name="crxski" post="23683705" timestamp="1611341505"]

I was at homehardware had to wait outside to pick up some PL, went to Yamaha walked right in, pick up my parts, went to skidoo waited out side for blondie to bring my parts (she's cute) and had to park in the back ofnthe parking lot at lablaws because it was so busy. I should have taken a photo.
Can’t ride, but plz go in to the box stores with a hundred people who are “not” in your bubble, share the air in there with them. But u won’t let me ride. Ya right.

#32 John Bartley

John Bartley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, antique tube radios, large format film photography, small engine repair
  • Sled:2014 Skandic SWT 600ACE

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:02 PM

It’s not that easy for some of us. I am fortunate through all this that I have been able to work through this mess since it started. I drive from my “region” an hour and a half to go to work. But I can’t go ten minutes outside of it to ride. It’s a double standard. I work all year for my two months of sledding. It is my hobby, along with the amount of money tied up in it. It’s my only escape. So shy of all trails being closed, ( I have never and never will ride a closed trail), I will be continuing to load the trailer every weekend to find snow. There’s nothing legally stopping me.

You're doing it right, so you aren't the problem,  My reference was to all the whiners moaning about rights and oppression etc.  I agree it could be done better, but we're almost thru' this crap and if people hadda listened and not been dinks from the beginning y'all would probably be riding right now.

#33 Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Sled:2016 mxz tnt 600 ho 2008 mxz tnt 600

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:18 PM

I would bet that we are all talking about this in 12 months. This IS NOT GOING AWAY.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

#34 6KJR

6KJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11224 posts
  • Sled:2014 Renegade

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:39 PM

Instead of everyone sitting on here reading, typing and complaining about it, start writing a letter or call someone that's going to listen and can make a difference. 

As usual its just a Big itch fest on here. Who has called their MP office and had a CIVIL discussion about closing everything? or asked questions WHY? (DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A POLITICAL THREAD)

Anyone?

You don't have to be rude about it when you talk to them but if no one ever hears that "people" aren't happy, no one knows you exist.

The mentality of  "oh it doesn't make a difference" is how WE ALL got here in the first place.

#35 crxski

crxski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3528 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on short peirs
  • Sled:17 850x, Indy Mod, Bravo Élan 250

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:44 PM

Instead of everyone sitting on here reading, typing and complaining about it, start writing a letter or call someone that's going to listen and can make a difference.

As usual its just a Big itch fest on here. Who has called their MP office and had a CIVIL discussion about closing everything? or asked questions WHY? (DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A POLITICAL THREAD)

Anyone?

You don't have to be rude about it when you talk to them but if no one ever hears that "people" aren't happy, no one knows you exist.

The mentality of "oh it doesn't make a difference" is how WE ALL got here in the first place.

Your allowed to post still?lol Shouldn't you be cleaning your sled?
2010.5 800x with rmotion and QA, reeds clutching, 2ply with Triggers. The hole shot King. True stock class
1991 Indy Trail, left for dead resurrected as the Retro Indy trail. IQ seat, LED tail, rebuild motor, Skandic skis, sc3, big wheel, ripsaw 1.25.
1973 Elan 250 Twin, VM32 carb, new track, 42 mph on speedo, without a tail wind.

#36 John Bartley

John Bartley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, antique tube radios, large format film photography, small engine repair

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:47 PM

Who has called their MP office and had a CIVIL discussion about closing everything? or asked questions WHY? (DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A POLITICAL THREAD)

Anyone?

Me.

I sent an email to Gilles Bisson, explaining my unhappiness with the uneven shutdown.  I expressed my dislike of the disadvantage that small businesses were being forced to accept and the uneveness of the restrictions.  I rec'd a reply thanking me and saying that they forwarded my email to other members.

Edited by John Bartley, 22 January 2021 - 02:47 PM.

#37 crxski

crxski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3528 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on short peirs
  • Sled:17 850x, Indy Mod, Bravo Élan 250

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:50 PM

Anyone?

The mentality of "oh it doesn't make a difference" is how WE ALL got here in the first place.

Your allowed to post still?lol Shouldn't you be cleaning your sled?
2010.5 800x with rmotion and QA, reeds clutching, 2ply with Triggers. The hole shot King. True stock class
1991 Indy Trail, left for dead resurrected as the Retro Indy trail. IQ seat, LED tail, rebuild motor, Skandic skis, sc3, big wheel, ripsaw 1.25.
1973 Elan 250 Twin, VM32 carb, new track, 42 mph on speedo, without a tail wind.

#38 Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Sled:2016 mxz tnt 600 ho 2008 mxz tnt 600

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

Yes I have sent multiple emails.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

#39 Mill

Mill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts
  • Sled:2006 Rev 800

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:47 PM

Anyone?

Actually i called and spoke to my mpp. I laid out all the reasons as to why what we are doing is insane and informed her she will not be getting my support come election time.

Feds oh for sure that guy is out. No questions. Should've been long time ago.

I said in the beginning when we knew nothing about covid it was understandable but almost a year later we are still banging our collective heads against the wall, numbers go up, numbers go down, Numbers go up, numbers go down. Yep great plan, let's do it for another year.

My main issue was their absolute failure to protect the elderly in care homes.

Without them being infected and dying we would not be locked down at all. This pandemic would look allot different. Thousands of less old folks would be dead or in ICU.

Government failure

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#40 John Bartley

John Bartley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:19 PM

My main issue was their absolute failure to protect the elderly in care homes.

Without them being infected and dying we would not be locked down at all. This pandemic would look allot different. Thousands of less old folks would be dead or in ICU.

Government failure

It's true that the aged die faster ... typically due to underlying conditions and basic weakness.
But to get dead they have to get sick, and in order to do that they have to have contact of some type ..... this is indisputable, so the question is ... where are the largest number of case and how do they translate into deaths of seniors ....
Here are two charts showing total cases and total deaths in Canada to Jan 15'th.  Ya gotta wonder if asymptomatic community spread might be a culprit. Old people aren't out and about spreading it ......

???

ages.JPG

age-death.JPG

#41 Dano89

Dano89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1395 posts
  • Sled:.

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:28 PM

Really need to take a step back and look at the big picture. I spend allot of time in Northern Ont and Quebec for my work and get allot of feedback from locals. The population is pretty much divided in 2, where on one side you have pro sledders that are vocal on keeping trails open, which many are business owners and make their living.  On the other side, you have extremist that are vocal to local MPs to stop tourist from coming from the "infested" south... So with current restrictions, how would a current MP handle a situation when you have extremist in both directions, and one choice could be the safest course of action with less liability, especially when notified that some locals fear for their life.

Personally I think sledding could be done safely, but thats only my opinion as a snowmobiler extremist. 

If anything, we need to put our focus on getting vaccines.  Going at this rate, we're in for another ruff summer and maybe another crap winter. 

Dan

#42 Clayfan

Clayfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Off-Road Motorcycles, Snowmoblies, Off-Shore Boats, any kind of toy!
  • Sled:2013 MXZX 800 ETEC

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:18 AM

Dano89 is right  On all points  MPP's and the Scientific Community will always err on the side of caution.

However, their caution is mostly, from a political point of view, to deflect the real blame.  

And that real blame is how badly the Feds have screwed up Vaccine procurement/distibution and how screwed up the distribution is in each individual province and then to regions of those provinces.

At the rate they are going, the general population, healthy, 30 to 50 year olds, will be lucky to see a vaccine by September of 2021.

The USA probably won't (from a percentage of the population) exceed 50% for the vaccine, but they will hit 50% way before Canada will due to easier logistics, more vaccine availability and the ease at how they will get needles into arms (using large sports fields as drive through vaccine centers)

#43 DOOtym

DOOtym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1557 posts
  • Sled:19 Gade XRS - 08 XP 600

Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:22 AM

https://www.nugget.c...mp_tf=From %1$s

Article says there has been "a very high compliance rate" for the closed trails.
Order runs out Feb.11.
Hoping that's the end of this and everyone can get out and enjoy again.

There will be less than five weeks of it left by then according to Willie.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Edited by DOOtym, 05 February 2021 - 11:37 AM.

Mainway Solutions Greasable Suspension Components

Elka Shocks

Cudney Clutch kit

24/45 Gearing

1.5" Ripsaw 126 Studboy / Superlight Pro backers

Grip-n-Rip Bracing

#44 JayC

JayC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Interests:Ski-doo
    Harley-Davidson
    Dodge
  • Sled:2017 Renegade X 850

Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:44 AM

what TH are we going to talk about come this Thursday the 11th?..............Sledding maybe? Good Grief

Sleds:

2017 Ski-doo Renegade X 850

2021 Ski-do Renegade 600 EFI 

Bikes:
2014 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited

2012 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Iron

Truck:
2019 Ram Sport

and an 81 Vette for fun

"Fail to Plan?, Plan to Fail!"
- that's me!

#45 thinksno

thinksno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1646 posts
  • Sled:2020 900T XRS and more

Posted 05 February 2021 - 06:06 PM

If Ford extends the shutdown im gonna be on the news.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users