News Release: Health Unit Closes OFSC Snowmobile Trails Posted on Mond - Page 2 - Ontario - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

News Release: Health Unit Closes OFSC Snowmobile Trails Posted on Mond

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#16 JVP

JVP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2386 posts
  • Sled:Several Sleds in the stable

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

They should simply close the trails to out of district people of its the ‘travellers” they are most concerned about. As they check for trail permits and registration you need to show proof of residence or face a $xxx fine. That could be a good deterrent.

Why punish the locals ? We NEED our exercise dam it !!!!
‘20 XRS 850 Renegade Black
‘15 XRS 800 Renegade Black
‘18 Renegade Sport 600
‘00 Mach Z Millennium #268
‘94 Mach 1
‘93 Plus
‘92 Mach 1 X # 0100
‘91 MX
‘90 MX
'90 Plus LT
‘90 Mach 1
‘90 340 Sport (RIP)
'81 440 Cutlass SS (RIP)

#17 mojo750

mojo750

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Sled:18 MXZ1200 Blizzard

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:59 PM

I was really hoping to ride from my cottage to my hunt camp this weekend. Bringing my own fuel and food. Wouldn't have had to have contact with any locals.... Ugh, darn you covid!

#18 Mill

Mill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts
  • Sled:2006 Rev 800

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:27 PM

Won't really affect anyone from the south as it is too far for a day trip anyways.

The sad part is that although we weren't entirely locked out of being able to get out, there are always those that can't abide by the rules and ruin it again for others.

That only took one weekend. My money says there will be more areas closed down before this is over.

Please play by the rules so we don't lose everything.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

For sure more will do it. Monkey see monkey do, it's what every government has been doing. The local nimbys in these areas and the north have been screaming for it.

There is barely any snowmobiles out there due to the conditions.

One week, yes one week and they have seen all this. Complete lies. They were lobbied to do it.

Using it as an excuse to close the trails.

Its unreal what absolute power does to people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#19 turbopete

turbopete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4548 posts
  • Interests:75 RV drag sled,
    76 RV 250/340's(3)
    77 RV's(a few!)
    78 Sonic,
    78 TNT 340 F/A,
    86 Formula Plus
    87 Formula Plus
    90 Plus 500
    91 Plus (2)
    93 Plus X's (2),
    93 Plus EFI(sold)
    80 Blizzard 7500
    90 Mach 1
    91 Mach 1
    92 Mach 1 (project)
    92 Mach 1 X
    94 Mach 1
    94 Grand Touring (2)
    95 Mach 1 (2)
    96 Formula Z
    97 Formula 500
    98 XC 700
    91 Phazer 2
    77 Elan Deluxe
  • Sled:2012 MXZ TNT 600

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:34 AM

Quite a mess, first they say that snowmobiling is permitted, then another entity says close it down.   Yet, I went to my local gas station store on Saturday and in the 5 minutes I was there, I saw 4 people not wearing masks at all or not properly.  I am all for them throwing the book at people blatantly breaking the rules, but let us live a bit if we can do it safely. If someone sees me breaking any rules, by all means give me the ticket.

Edited by turbopete, 19 January 2021 - 12:39 AM.

#20 Sumrof69

Sumrof69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2590 posts
  • Interests:Being a Grampa, Sledding, Flying. Building aircraft, Vintage Sled's, Travelling to new places
  • Sled:2016 MXZX 800 R Renegade

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:53 AM

Not surprised by all the BS behind this, Doctors are screaming overload, they can't handle anymore bodies showing up at any hospital.. After Sunday's tragic event's near my place on Southern Georgian Bay the trails here have went back to red here not sure if that is the entire reason behind it but it plays into it for sure. 

The higher up's have to make it look like they are doing everything they can, so we are all paying, The way this whole thing has been handled is like fighting a forest fire with a glass of water, 

#21 Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Sled:2016 mxz tnt 600 ho 2008 mxz tnt 600

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:16 AM

Not surprised by all the BS behind this, Doctors are screaming overload, they can't handle anymore bodies showing up at any hospital.. After Sunday's tragic event's near my place on Southern Georgian Bay the trails here have went back to red here not sure if that is the entire reason behind it but it plays into it for sure.

The higher up's have to make it look like they are doing everything they can, so we are all paying, The way this whole thing has been handled is like fighting a forest fire with a glass of water,

And all commands to stop snowmobiling coming from executives on health boards we did not elect. Stop the tyrany!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

#22 Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:09 AM

Maybe they will close all ofsc trails and them open them up to side by sides and atvs like last March.
(Edit)

Edited by Wanna Go for a rip bud ?, 19 January 2021 - 07:11 AM.

#23 Mill

Mill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts
  • Sled:2006 Rev 800

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:21 AM

Trail status for that health district. Almost 80 precent closed prior to his order, but the doctor says there's an overload of sledders hanging out in parking lots. Hotels are empty and trails are virtually empty.

Total lie. He's already known as a nut. He closed skating rinks and tobagganing hills before the trails. Poor kids can't even go sliding.

All in the name/illusion of health, he knows what's best for you.

Now you can see just what type of useless leaders/activist's have been elected and appointed.

The sheep followed and still continue to follow blaming it all on each other calling police/by law on each other all while allowing the officials to act with impunity.

Wake up.

Screenshot_20210118-230725.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#24 Mxzzzz1

Mxzzzz1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Sled:2010 800 mxzx rs

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:38 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong here but where I ride in this district is primarily crown land. So since you are allowed to seld in your health unit you can also sled on crown land. I'm not one for riding closed trails but if this is how a health unit (with 7 active cases) that takes 2 hours to drive across treats it's residents, people are going to ride in protest.

When you need it and dont have it, you sing a different tune.
2010 Mxz x rs 800
2007 Mxz Renegade 600sdi

#25 crxski

crxski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3528 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on short peirs
  • Sled:17 850x, Indy Mod, Bravo Élan 250

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:44 AM

You know they will just be going more east. Plus has their ever been a contract trace back to a snowmobile traveler? I think not.

The east will be welcoming their business. Personally north bay area is always beat to snot. Perry sound is great so that really sucks. Lots of lakes to ride though.
2010.5 800x with rmotion and QA, reeds clutching, 2ply with Triggers. The hole shot King. True stock class
1991 Indy Trail, left for dead resurrected as the Retro Indy trail. IQ seat, LED tail, rebuild motor, Skandic skis, sc3, big wheel, ripsaw 1.25.
1973 Elan 250 Twin, VM32 carb, new track, 42 mph on speedo, without a tail wind.

#26 tinman454

tinman454

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Hunting dogs ducks
  • Sled:2015 600 rev sport,2015 800 irondog

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:02 PM

It’s funny I work in h.v.a.c have been in contact with different people every day since this started last year. I were a mask and gloves when I go in peoples houses basically keep my self safe. No issues yet. But for some reason I not able too keep my self safe if I go ski-doing. Here’s an idea let the people make up there own mind if they want to take the risks of going out . If your so worried about getting sick YOU STAY HOME ! Let me take the risks and do what I want to do. Quarantine is what the government does to sick people. Tyranny is what the government does by telling healthy law biding people what too do. And for anyone who thinks keeping everything locked down is the way to go look at Sweden never close a thing sure they had all the same problems as other countries but now it’s basically back to normal. Funny how all the people getting upset about other people going out and doing anything have no problems standing in line at Costco or Walmart. If we’re going too lock it down start by closing all the big box stores and let the small business guys make record profits for the next 6 months eh. Worst words I will ever hear in my life. I’m from the government I’m here too help. Lol

#27 John Bartley

John Bartley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, antique tube radios, large format film photography, small engine repair
  • Sled:2014 Skandic SWT 600ACE

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:23 PM

LOL .... Sweden :

1/3 our population.

2/3 our case rate

2/3 our death rate.

Based on population ratios, Sweden has twice as many cases and deaths as Canada, and that's in spite of mask and distancing requirements that the deniers don't like to talk about.

If you're going to spout BS, at least try to make it "sound" real.

#28 Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:48 PM

John Bartley..... Funny..... but 2 or 3 days ago I read you were done being political on this site. this is a pile of political comments you've made since said promise .

Edited by Wanna Go for a rip bud ?, 19 January 2021 - 12:49 PM.

#29 John Bartley

John Bartley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, antique tube radios, large format film photography, small engine repair
  • Sled:2014 Skandic SWT 600ACE

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:13 PM

John Bartley..... Funny..... but 2 or 3 days ago I read you were done being political on this site. this is a pile of political comments you've made since said promise .

Sometimes ya' just gotta' push back on BS ....

#30 6KJR

6KJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11224 posts
  • Sled:2014 Renegade

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:15 PM

Wear a face mask outside...? Riiight. People should just buy space suits to walk around in... :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users