News Release: Health Unit Closes OFSC Snowmobile Trails Posted on Mond - Ontario - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

News Release: Health Unit Closes OFSC Snowmobile Trails Posted on Mond

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 route

route

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Sled:mxz

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:07 PM

News Release: Health Unit Closes OFSC Snowmobile Trails
Posted on Monday January 18, 2021

NORTH BAY, ON – The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit (Health Unit) is requiring all Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs’ (OFSC) trails and trails utilizing Crown Land in the Health Unit district to close effective January 21, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. for the duration of the Stay-at-Home Order and will be reassessed at such time. This closure is done under the Medical Officer of Health’s ability to increase restrictions within their district.

In accordance with the provisions of the Emergency Management and Civil Protections Act, and the Regulations thereunder, specifically Stay-at-Home-Order, and the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, and the Regulations thereunder, specifically Rules for Areas in Stage 1, the Medical Officer of Health for the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit deems it reasonable and necessary to close all Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs’ (OFSC) trails and trails utilizing Crown Land in the Health Unit district effective January 21, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. throughout the entire district served by the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit in order to decrease or eliminate the risk to community health presented by COVID-19.

“We have been told to stay home and we need to do this. I have received many complaints about people travelling from other districts to use the local snowmobile trails, thus putting our district at risk of COVID-19. The OFSC recommends that snowmobilers avoid trailering and travelling to destinations that are outside their health unit region to snowmobile, but people have not taken the direction seriously,” explains Dr. Jim Chirico, Medical Officer of Health. “We are also seeing groups of snowmobilers congregating on trails, in parking lots and other locations not maintaining a two metre distance and exceeding the gathering limits.”

On January 12, 2021, the province of Ontario announced the change in outdoor gathering limits from 10 to five. Individuals must maintain a two metre physical distance from people they do not live with. Individuals who live alone are allowed to be in close contact with one unique home, but must physically distance with anyone who does not live in that home. Face coverings are also recommended to be worn outdoors.

“I do not recommend anyone gather with people you do not live with or if you live alone people who are not a part of your unique close contact home,” states Dr. Chirico. “We are seeing an increase of COVID-19 cases locally and the provincial projections do not look good. Our local hospitals have very little surge capacity and limited resources which must be protected for the health and safety of our community. We must take extra precautions to keep our district safe. However, the key is we must all work together.”

Outdoor physical activity, such as walking, running, playing outside and biking are important for physical and mental health and still recommended by the Health Unit. However, all activities outside the house need to be done with extreme caution, following the COVID-19 public health measures, and should be done close to home.

If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and then use Ontario's Self-Assessment Tool to see if you need to seek further care. If you need further assistance call your health care provider or the Health Unit at 1-800-563-2808. If you have severe symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, you should call 911 and mention your symptoms.

Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.

For more information please visit myhealthunit.ca/COVID-19.

-30-

#2 DM2011Gade

DM2011Gade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Sled:2011 Renegade 800 E-Tec

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:34 PM

Well that's just great.... so I guess boat ramps will be closed again in the spring? I am getting depressed...

#3 Clayfan

Clayfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Off-Road Motorcycles, Snowmoblies, Off-Shore Boats, any kind of toy!
  • Sled:2013 MXZX 800 ETEC

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:01 PM

Key words.  "utilizing  crown land"  Not that it affects me.  No Crown Land anywhere I ride in southern Ontario.  No snow either but that's another issue.  I guess it means rail trail , privately held land and other Hydro right of ways up that way are game on. 

#4 DOOtym

DOOtym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1551 posts
  • Sled:19 Gade XRS - 08 XP 600

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:09 PM

Won't really affect anyone from the south as it is too far for a day trip anyways.

The sad part is that although we weren't entirely locked out of being able to get out, there are always those that can't abide by the rules and ruin it again for others.

That only took one weekend. My money says there will be more areas closed down before this is over.

Please play by the rules so we don't lose everything.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mainway Solutions Greasable Suspension Components

Elka Shocks

Cudney Clutch kit

24/45 Gearing

1.5" Ripsaw 126 Studboy / Superlight Pro backers

Grip-n-Rip Bracing

#5 sinc71

sinc71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sled:2016 MXZ Blizzard 800

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:16 PM

Sad part is how long till the rest of these Health unit’s jump on the bandwagon now and close everything down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 DM2011Gade

DM2011Gade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Sled:2011 Renegade 800 E-Tec

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

Sad part is how long till the rest of these Health unit’s jump on the bandwagon now and close everything down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not long I would imagine

#7 Sumrof69

Sumrof69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2587 posts
  • Interests:Being a Grampa, Sledding, Flying. Building aircraft, Vintage Sled's, Travelling to new places
  • Sled:2016 MXZX 800 R Renegade

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:47 PM

Well so much for that, , for those considering riding the ice STAY OFF if your in southern Georgian Bay,  3 sledders lost their lives yesterday. sad.

Edited by Sumrof69, 18 January 2021 - 07:17 PM.

#8 Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Sled:2016 mxz tnt 600 ho 2008 mxz tnt 600

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:00 PM

This really sucks. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Edited by Wanna Go for a rip bud ?, 18 January 2021 - 06:02 PM.

#9 ren

ren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Sled:21 MXZ XRS 850 Titanium & Red

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

Key words.  "utilizing  crown land"  Not that it affects me.  No Crown Land anywhere I ride in southern Ontario.  No snow either but that's another issue.  I guess it means rail trail , privately held land and other Hydro right of ways up that way are game on. 

The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit (Health Unit) is requiring all Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs’ (OFSC) trails and trails utilizing Crown Land in the Health Unit district to close ...

Unfortunately, I read it as ALL OFSC trails AND trails utilizing Crown Land ... in the Health Unit district.  Not just trails on Crown Land.

#10 Rev-man

Rev-man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Sled:2013 1200 Rene X

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:24 PM

. I have received many complaints about people travelling from other districts to use the local snowmobile trails

Wonder how much research went into this , to assess the validity of the complaints..

#11 Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Wanna Go for a rip bud ?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Sled:2016 mxz tnt 600 ho 2008 mxz tnt 600

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:31 PM

. I have received many complaints about people travelling from other districts to use the local snowmobile trails

Wonder how much research went into this , to assess the validity of the complaints..

I like the part of we've seen them gathering on the trails in large groups. Health unit must have a skidoo.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

#12 hambone868

hambone868

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Sled:06 600 ho

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:36 PM

Ridiculous really it bet this really stops the spread. Good luck keeping people off the trails in the middle of winter when there's snow on the ground . All this is going to do is "edit for bad language" off the landowners when people are just going rouge rather than sticking to the groomed trail.

#13 Ditchbangr zx

Ditchbangr zx

Where’s the snow ☃️

• DOOCrew
  • 98291 posts
  • Sled:99 mxz 600 136" 05 Summit 800H.O 151"

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:39 PM

Well so much for that, , for those considering riding the ice STAY OFF if your in southern Georgian Bay,  3 sledders lost their lives yesterday. sad.

Wow, that’s always sad to hear 😔

#14 705DOO-MAN

705DOO-MAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Sled:2015 RENEGADE X 800

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

they key words here was this action was not taken by the ofsc . so even if all the health districts follow suit and close down all those $25 & $50  refunds for next year could very well be down the drain 

2013 mxz tnt 600

2015 renegade x 800

2021 renegade xrs 850

#15 route

route

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Sled:mxz

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:41 PM

All the politicians that got caught traveling, and the planes full of covid that flew into canada with covid.
Read about the planes from Haiti.
Two entire planes affected by COVID days after Canada implements negative test requirement.
That’s how Health Canada described the impact of two Air Transat flights that landed in Montreal from Haiti this week, purportedly carrying so many infected passengers that everybody on board was at risk.
And while Transport Canada made negative COVID-19 tests mandatory on Jan. 7 for passengers boarding a Canada-bound plane, flights from Haiti are exempt from this rule until Jan. 21.
You cant fix a stupid
Government

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users