XM acts like hitting low RPM rev limiter and bounces off it before cle - Page 2 - REV-XP / XM Chassis - Mountain Sleds - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

XM acts like hitting low RPM rev limiter and bounces off it before cle

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Octanee

Octanee

Always wrenching on something!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2905 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling and snowmobiling
  • Sled:2006 apex w/ 290 mcx kit

Posted 07 February 2021 - 07:58 PM

Do you mean P1478 – Rave valve open position not reached  ?

I believe that was the code,

Octanee, my 1K turbo friend, where are you?

Sorry Sir and everybody else, Between work and life and never ending pile of crud to repair I kept forgetting to pop back in to update some replies!

How you been! Still got the old 1k?

OTHERWISE I took my fathers sled out today and I'm wondering if its somehow fuel related,? It did get a few lean pops, NO CODES, but i can pin it and it sits right at ~7900- 8k rpm so we know the valves have done their thing, it sounds good and crisp then bam it cuts out and drops to ~7600, climbs again to 7900-8k ish, does not overshoot, then it pops, cycle continues periodically,  and if you can climb long enough ~10 seconds wide open it starts to do it more and more and loose rpm at that point and have trouble recovering, no way was the rpm OVER shooting causing it to hit the rev limiter as best I could see. When you jam the throttle it always had that kinda hesittation/ cutting out sound as it rev'd but it never had issues holding the rpm and climbing til this year. Sled has over 9k km on the chassis but had a new engine when we bought it, so thats where I'm wondering if its fuel, we did replace the plugs for last winter just because. He was on the trail earlier in the day and it just was cutting out left and right.... 

Current project: Turbo 2005 Ski-doo Summit X Highmark 1000 tons of Rt/machz 1000 parts for sale click link! http://www.dootalk.c...oo-1000rtmachz/

#17 Ski-B

Ski-B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5897 posts
  • Sled:2020 Freeride 850

Posted 07 February 2021 - 08:06 PM

Fuel pressure check?

2020 Freeride 850. My ride.

2018 XRS 850 Sons sled.

2017 Freeride 860R etec. 860BB. Daughters sled.

2015 Freeride 800R etec. All Stock. Wifes sled.

2015 BCX  800R etec. Trail ported. Spare sled.

2014 BCX 800R etec. All stock. Spare sled.

1998 Formula S 380. She is a keeper.

#18 Octanee

Octanee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2905 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 11:02 PM

We haven't yet but I'm going to look into doing that.

Current project: Turbo 2005 Ski-doo Summit X Highmark 1000 tons of Rt/machz 1000 parts for sale click link! http://www.dootalk.c...oo-1000rtmachz/

#19 Octanee

Octanee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2905 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:32 PM

So we believe to have fixed the issue, sled hasn't been out much the past few months, a month or so ago when we tried going out it started to run on one cylinder. We had spare spark plugs and so we swapped them out, one was... Fouled, could of been like that since again it was wanting to run on one cylinder. After swapping the plugs she now pulls full rpm and no longer does the weird... Miss/low rpm like rev limiter. 👍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users