Few miles on 21 XRS - REV-GEN 4 - MXZ Performance Trail 129/ Renegade 137 - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

Few miles on 21 XRS

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Jeb©

Jeb©

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8213 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Snowmobiling
  • Sled:2021 850 XRS 129, 2020 600r

Posted 13 December 2020 - 11:09 PM

snowy hayfield with loose snow, a few things,

new X skis not much different than the pilot, if you like something like a pilotR you will still need it

in the higher transfer position the rear will transfer just fine

RmotionX carries the front much lighter, this is a bigger effect than less transfer, bigger riders will need less ctr spring and it will dive less in the corners, probably why they have the ctr so soft.

Front shocks are soft, 150 psi you need full compression almost to bite with the stock skis. 

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." � Thomas Jefferson

#2 Rotaxmadman

Rotaxmadman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Sled:15 McDoo MXZ-XRS, 2016 MXZ-XRS

Posted 14 December 2020 - 12:19 AM

Good information. Thanks

#3 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2727 posts
  • Sled:340 Indy lite

Posted 14 December 2020 - 12:42 AM

snowy hayfield with loose snow, a few things,

new X skis not much different than the pilot, if you like something like a pilotR you will still need it

in the higher transfer position the rear will transfer just fine

RmotionX carries the front much lighter, this is a bigger effect than less transfer, bigger riders will need less ctr spring and it will dive less in the corners, probably why they have the ctr so soft.

Front shocks are soft, 150 psi you need full compression almost to bite with the stock skis.

Front end pushes pretty easy for sure.

I'm not agreeing with the whole enough transfer thing. Once you get the front to bite, you have limited transfer and traction.

Just a work in progress for sure.

By the end of the day today I was satisfied so far. Tomorrow we ride again.

#4 Jeb©

Jeb©

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8213 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:26 AM

Front end pushes pretty easy for sure.

I'm not agreeing with the whole enough transfer thing. Once you get the front to bite, you have limited transfer and traction.

Just a work in progress for sure.

By the end of the day today I was satisfied so far. Tomorrow we ride again.

I am running with limiter full out for now, like my other r motions. Loose snow 129 rip2 could get transfer needed. Bumped the PSI on the front shocks to 250, should help cornering.

• djm likes this
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." � Thomas Jefferson

#5 snowcowboy22

snowcowboy22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Sled:21 XRS Rene850

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:14 AM

Are you guys both testing with front arm of rear suspension set for MORE transfer? Obviously they all came pre set in the LESS position. I was thinking of giving it a chance in this ‘less’ transfer position, but second guess if I should just move it for ‘more’ transfer and be done?? Not sure if 129 vs 137 will change things much either??

#6 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2727 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:36 AM

More on my sled. Got a second 129 today set on less to compare

#7 Jeb©

Jeb©

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8213 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:38 AM

Are you guys both testing with front arm of rear suspension set for MORE transfer? Obviously they all came pre set in the LESS position. I was thinking of giving it a chance in this ‘less’ transfer position, but second guess if I should just move it for ‘more’ transfer and be done?? Not sure if 129 vs 137 will change things much either??

I did not even try the lower position, after trying the more transfer position it was a good move to go there from the start.

#8 snowcowboy22

snowcowboy22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Sled:21 XRS Rene850

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:52 AM

More on my sled. Got a second 129 today set on less to compare

Ok please provide some feedback to your findings.  No snow where I'm at yet, I'm leaning towards moving it for more transfer.   I usually wait till I get 300-400 miles on the sled before I start to fine tune things to my liking, I found in my last 2 XRS's they changed a lot with a bit of mileage, things all loosening up.....motor, shocks...

Thanks Jeb for your feedback as well, please continue to post your findings.

#9 krm

krm

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 18051 posts
  • Interests:building/racing sleds krm 432 driver graham coombs ,brandon colgin ,brett burns #217 moto cross ,Pro stk dirt cars ,Ken Martin Driver
  • Sled:,19 900t 20,850xrs 21 850x21900t x

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:26 AM

I did not even try the lower position, after trying the more transfer position it was a good move to go there from the start.

Lower is More transfer .So if  as stated , you never tried the lower position ,how'd you get more transfer ? :shrug

#10 Jeb©

Jeb©

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8213 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:47 AM

Lower is More transfer .So if  as stated , you never tried the lower position ,how'd you get more transfer ? :shrug

never tried the stock lower transfer position, moved it to the "lower arm" higher transfer position B)

#11 Burtamiss

Burtamiss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2439 posts
  • Sled:2018 XRS RENY 850, 05 600HO SDI HYBRID

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:52 PM

I am running with limiter full out for now, like my other r motions. Loose snow 129 rip2 could get transfer needed. Bumped the PSI on the front shocks to 250, should help cornering.

So the front shocks only came charged with 150psi of nitrogen?

2018 XRS RENY 850: 1.5 ICE Storm, 6"-8" adjustable riser, HRSS Clutch Kit, Pilot 6.9s, Aux high beams, Hi-torque rollers

2005 600 SDI: X style windscreen, Custom 4" bar risers, RSI bar pad, SS brake line, Wave brake rotor, Oil pump mod, Custom chassis bracing, 21 tooth top gear/ 44 tooth bottom, 10 tooth extrovert drivers, 440 Motor Plate, Boyesen rage cage and reeds, Dynamo Joe clutch kit, Rox Power Madd hand gaurds, Power Madd ESR seat riser kit, 2002 440 front piggybacks, 2012 XRS RMOTION W/PRO 40'S, Ripsaw ll 1.25" Track, PDP XS snow flap, Taller upper ball joint, Pilot 5.7 ski's, Replica XRS graphics

#12 Jeb©

Jeb©

Advanced Member

• DOOCrew
  • 8213 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:43 PM

So the front shocks only came charged with 150psi of nitrogen?

front and ctr, they sent them that way with the valving they have. It rides super smooth and flat but a lot of push. simple adjustment is just bump psi. 

#13 Meat Head

Meat Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2727 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:54 PM

The second sled today mostly all stock settings did have a push in the loose stuff as well. Added front spring seemed to help again. His Sled is good right out of the box. Light on transfer as well tho but easy steering.
The combo of the flat less transfer setting with no Limiter adjust ment keeps the sled from rolling over at the higher ride height.
Will work good for most, doo did its homework for sure. Actually surprised me compared to mine.
As for my sled, at 250 miles it has settled down low and looks like a Mexican low rider compared to the new sled today.
Completely different animal when ridden back to back.

#14 Burtamiss

Burtamiss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2439 posts
  • Sled:2018 XRS RENY 850, 05 600HO SDI HYBRID

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:05 PM

front and ctr, they sent them that way with the valving they have. It rides super smooth and flat but a lot of push. simple adjustment is just bump psi.

Huh, that's surprising

2018 XRS RENY 850: 1.5 ICE Storm, 6"-8" adjustable riser, HRSS Clutch Kit, Pilot 6.9s, Aux high beams, Hi-torque rollers

2005 600 SDI: X style windscreen, Custom 4" bar risers, RSI bar pad, SS brake line, Wave brake rotor, Oil pump mod, Custom chassis bracing, 21 tooth top gear/ 44 tooth bottom, 10 tooth extrovert drivers, 440 Motor Plate, Boyesen rage cage and reeds, Dynamo Joe clutch kit, Rox Power Madd hand gaurds, Power Madd ESR seat riser kit, 2002 440 front piggybacks, 2012 XRS RMOTION W/PRO 40'S, Ripsaw ll 1.25" Track, PDP XS snow flap, Taller upper ball joint, Pilot 5.7 ski's, Replica XRS graphics

#15 Diesel Pro

Diesel Pro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Interests:Diesel Performance, Torque, Harleys etc.
  • Sled:2015 Renegade 900 ACE

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:11 PM

All brown here. Living vicariously through you guys that are out playing. Had my ski shock pressure bumped up and hope to do center as well so I can hit the snow running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users