REV-XS Spindle swap suggestions - REV-XP / XS Chassis - Renegades / Freeride / Backcountry - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

REV-XS Spindle swap suggestions

spindle xs summit narrow stance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OntSki

OntSki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Sled:Skandic SWT 900ACE '18 MXZ X 600ETEC '15

Posted 28 November 2020 - 06:49 PM

Hey Folk.

This is not a new topic but I am trying to find some specifics before I go messing around and buying some spindles or butchering my own.

I gather that there is some compatibility for spindles that might let me tighten up (narrow) my ski stance but I'm a bit hesitant to go too much further without some input from you all.

I have a 2015 MXZ-X on the Rev-XS.  I'd like to figure out what spindles might be out there that would allow me to set my skis wider, then easily swap them back to narrower hopefully easily and in the field.

I'm sure you folks have seen this all before...here are some photos anyway.

Thanks

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

#2 DOOLIFE800

DOOLIFE800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Sled:2013 RENEGADE 800E XS

Posted 06 December 2020 - 09:37 PM

Don't know much about the widening kits but I do know that my ts ski spindles are much skinnier where they mount into the ski. They require a spacer that fills up maybe a half inch on each side. Maybe it's more than a half inch not sure but that would allow you to offset them some if you put a spacer of some sort all on one side to move the ski out. I did see on eBay some kind of quick change apparatus made by ski Doo to offset skis. Could not figure out how it worked by the picture though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users