R motion front arm shock question. - Sledding - General Discussion - DOOTalk Forums

Photo

R motion front arm shock question.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moparman7367

moparman7367

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts
  • Sled:Mxz X 1200

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 PM

Had my shocks rebuilt have the skid out putting the front rear shock in the skid noticing a ton of slop side to side on the lower Mount (that goes from skid rail to skid rail). The one that takes the long bolt. I put a new Ski-Doo rubber bushing in the eyelit of the lower shock mount but still have a lot of side to side movement is that normal.

Opinions are like butt holes......Everyone has one.

#2 Valonmxz

Valonmxz

Mainway Solutions Inc.

• Sponsors
  • 2637 posts
  • Interests:Owner of Mainway Solutions Inc.
    Riding, Machining, Rebuilding
    Family and Friends
    Noahonmxz Briggsonmxz
    Carteronmxz
    1999 Mini Z 120
  • Sled:2020 Renegade X-RS 850 E-TECH

Posted Yesterday, 02:40 PM

do you have the washers on each side of the shock along with the plastic spacer sleeve?

Had my shocks rebuilt have the skid out putting the front rear shock in the skid noticing a ton of slop side to side on the lower Mount (that goes from skid rail to skid rail). The one that takes the long bolt. I put a new Ski-Doo rubber bushing in the eyelit of the lower shock mount but still have a lot of side to side movement is that normal.

Do you have the washers on each side of the shock along with the plastic sleeves?

Never mind i was looking at something different

The sleeves should sandwich the shock in there. My 2014 120" shock is snug from side to side. 

MAINWAY SOLUTIONS Inc.

Yamaha & Arctic Cat Bell Crank Bushing Kits Now In Stock :-)

mw-flash.gif

The key to a Smooth Running Suspension is Lubrication

MSK02.png MSK01.jpg MSHK01.jpg

If you can order it .... We ship it the very Next Day every Day

We Only Sell what we have ready to ship, no waiting for orders to come in

Call or Text 905.719.6515 Any Time... :D

AccelTech-logo.png Great Elka Products Great Service Set-ups 
[url=https://cdn.shortpix...elTech-logo.png

#3 Burtamiss

Burtamiss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2287 posts
  • Sled:2018 XRS RENY 850, 05 600HO SDI HYBRID

Posted Yesterday, 03:13 PM

Picture?

2018 XRS RENY 850

1.5 ICE Storm

6"-8" adjustable riser

GnR Poly Torque stopper

HRSS Clutch Kit

Pilot 6.9s

2005 600 SDI

Cut and solid mounted windshield to cowel, Custom 4" bar risers + 3" rise in bars = 7" total, RSI bar pad, SS brake line, Wave brake rotor, Oil pump mod, Custom chassis bracing, 21 tooth top gear/ 44 tooth bottom
10 tooth extrovert drivers, 440 Motor Plate, Boyesen rage cage and reeds, Dynamo Joe clutch kit, Rox Power Madd hand gaurds, Power Madd ESR seat riser kit, 2002 440 front piggybacks, 2012 XRS RMOTION W/PRO 40'S

Ripsaw ll 1.25" Track, PDP XS snow flap, Taller upper ball joint, Pilot 5.7 ski's, Replica XRS graphics

#4 opt8low

opt8low

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Sled:2019 600R Renegade X

•    

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 PM

There is movement on the lower shock mount but not much. It should be shock eyelet, plastic spacers, and the a washer in-between the rails, then a washer outside rails with bolt head and nut.

If you don't have those washers between the inside rail and spacers that could create the space to make eyelet really loose. Otherwise there is some side to side movement of the eyelet on the shaft. Shouldn't be much though.

If you have the skid out or suspended remember that when it is in the sled with weight on it is will center up and be fine.

Hope this helps.

Edited by opt8low, Yesterday, 03:21 PM.

If your toys can't kill you, they are not worth having.....

#5 stmike

stmike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4521 posts
  • Interests:all the big boys toys
  • Sled:2021 expedition 900

Posted Today, 05:34 AM

When the skid is out now is the time to drill and tap for grease fittings or install mainway bolts with fittings.

#6 moparman7367

moparman7367

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts
  • Sled:Mxz X 1200

Posted Today, 12:19 PM

There is movement on the lower shock mount but not much. It should be shock eyelet, plastic spacers, and the a washer in-between the rails, then a washer outside rails with bolt head and nut.

If you don't have those washers between the inside rail and spacers that could create the space to make eyelet really loose. Otherwise there is some side to side movement of the eyelet on the shaft. Shouldn't be much though.

If you have the skid out or suspended remember that when it is in the sled with weight on it is will center up and be fine.

Hope this helps.

yeah thats exactly what I have as far as parts and in that order.   Still have a what i consider alot of movement.  Put it all together and mounted the top mount. Im thinking it doesnt much matter once its all together.   Ive put 3 seasons on it like this with no issues...just dont remember seeing that much movement last time i serviced the shocks.  This is exactly what i have pictured here.   No washers on the inside of the shock mount...just the plastic guides that have a flared end that butts up against the shock eyelet.   Thanks for the input everyone.

2_1.png

Edited by moparman7367, Today, 12:25 PM.

Opinions are like butt holes......Everyone has one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users